or Connect

Posts by Crowley

I know, I was being sarcastic.  Do you really think I'd be suggesting that patents should be grantable for "the general jist of an idea" ?
 Presumably the patent is for something specific about the implementation, not the general jist of the idea.
On an individual level it will be a tragedy.  On a global level, with the overpopulation and inflation and starvation (and the crazy poiliticians) it may be a form of self-regulation, and not entirely negative.   And destruction aside from human destruction can be a good thing.  Sometimes you have to tear things down to build them back stronger.  Destruction may seem to be the opposite to creation, but it can also be the precursor to it.
A little bit overly self-congratulatory for my tastes, given that these developers have in turn added an enormous amount of value to Apple's own products, which is given no mention.  But still, impressive numbers.   I saw an article earlier today (forgive me, I've completely forgotten where) that claimed that 50% of developers in the app economy are employed on iOS development, which is very impressive too.
Don't majorly disagree with any of that (though I'd caveat that destruction isn't always a negative thing), but we've gotten rather off topic here
One example does not make an always.  And depending on your interpretation of semantics, some would say that economic slavery is very much in force and legal America.  Plus of course, illegal slavery still very much exists worldwide as a shadow economy, including within the USA, so from one perspective the war hasn't even been won.   A broad knowledge of history will bring up copious examples of things heading in a distinctly irrational direction and getting very screwed...
If it did, that could solve a lot of the security problems; make iOS and Mac devices provide AppleID credentials (linked to a credit card for identity verification) to get access to the free Wi-Fi that is provided by guest Apple Airport routers (potentially auth could also use the iCloud control panel on Windows). Could also limit access on the router by applying bandwidth and data caps, with parental filters and blocking websites that figure lowly in Trust tests, or are...
Normally when people fish it's to catch the fish and eat it.  In this case you caught the fish but it ate you and spat your false statements back out. Well done for catching the fish.
My point is where is your evidence that rational thought and conclusions always win the war?   Large parts of the world are on fire, fundamentalist religion has as big a grip as ever, hatred, inequality, misery and cruelty are rife throughout, and Android is winning*.   Where is rationality winning?     * this bit is sarcastic
Every term except the term I hope.  i.e. for the first 2 years (or whatever) you're committed to the contract, but after that it becomes a rolling contract with a month notice period.  So there's no significant lock in, and therefore no slippery slope.