or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Can the storage in iOS devices be written to at speeds significantly faster than USB 2.0 yet?  I recall that being a bottleneck that would have made using a faster protocol (people kept asking for Thunderbolt) rather pointless.
Contractor charges will contain all of the additional costs of an employee over and above the salary.  Apple may end up paying more, since security contracting firms will have certain efficiencies available to them. But nevertheless, a good thing.  Direct employment is almost always better for lower-wage employees than contracting, and what is good for the employees is good for Apple.
Having a round face on any watch doesn't seem to serve any functional purpose either, since even a rotary watch can have a rectangular face  But people seem to like the round design.  So it's not stupid.  Nor is reminding us of the past all that stupid, people like to be reminded of the past.
It must be exhausting being so angry. If the site has "rumor" in the name, then I'd assume everything on it that didn't link to a press release was a rumour.  Do any of the other "fucking rumor site(s)" you visit have the word "rumor" (or similar) explicitly in the site title?  No labelling required since the site name is the master label.  I don't see how this is any way illogical, irrational, or dishonest.  It seems exactly the opposite to me. I didn't think MacFacts was...
 You do realise the site is called MacRumors, not MacFacts, right?
Changing an iCloud password has always been a bag of hurt for me.  With the addition of the two-factor and app-specific passwords, it's an even bigger bag.   More secure, probably, harder to deal with, definitely.
^ Buffett has pledged to give everything (or most?) to charity hasn't he?  With a pile going to the Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation.   Just from memory, may not be entirely correct.
^ wasn't that partly at Steve's behest though, he wanted a true "warts and all" biography? The truth of specific anecdotes can obv be disputed, but the fact that negative anecdotes were included doesn't seem like cashing in if it was at the subject's instruction.
iOS, OS X and iLife/iWork are software products, normally shown off at WWDC. We're talking about a consumer hardware product that was unveiled at a consumer hardware press event (aka the "iPhone event"). Who normally introduces the iPhones and iPads? Traditionally it would have been Steve Jobs, and lately that's been taken over by Phil Schiller. Those two are marketing guys first and foremost. I don't much care for "if Steve was still alive" postulations, but I don't...
 I did no such thing.  Pay more attention please. ​I could say the same, since you're attacking me something I have not said and don't believe. To answer your first point, maybe Apple should have done that.  Why not?  Let's talk about that instead of frothing at the mouth.  Pay is clearly a big deal, both for Apple and it's customers, so why weren't they hands on with the bank-side implementation (assuming they weren't)?  Apple reviews every app and update that they sell...