or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Sounds like the sort of hybrid that Windows users have been largely rejecting for a few years now.
You don't think Utah is different from California and New Jersey politically?  You don't think there are economic disparities between Wall Street, Silicon Valley and the cotton fields?  You don't think there are a melting pot of cultures in the USA that don't always blend well, like in Missouri right now?  You don't think the USA, from Alaska to Nevada to the Great Lakes to Florida, is geographically diverse?!?!   The USA doesn't blend well into a homogenous fiscal unit....
I believe 7 years is generally considered the norm for retaining financial records, not so sure about sales records, but they might be considered part and parcel.  So 9 years seems a bit excessive.  Still, if it gets a lawsuit tossed out, then maybe they'll be keeping these records indefinitely from now on...
Really?  It doesn't have a single currency?  It doesn't have similar inequalities?  It doesn't span a huge geography?  It doesn't have a single central bank, monetary policy, and minting authority (by Europe, I'm taking you to mean the Eurozone since we're talking about the Euro)?   What are the differences that create such a compelling difference between the euro in the Eurozone, and the dollar in the USA that one might be considered "dangerous" (your words) and the...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankruptcy_of_Lehman_Brothers#Impact_of_bankruptcy_filing
Aside from not taking into account many, many other factors, that doesn't answer my question at all.  Why is it any more absurd than using the dollar across the USA, where there is also disparity in the purchasing power of the same dollar in different areas. http://www.newsnet5.com/news/national/breaking-down-the-dollars-value-across-the-united-states
No analogy is perfect Undoubtedly true, but to what end?  Surely that was to ensure that iPods would not play FairPlay-encoded music that had not been authorised on the iPod?  Not that it would block music legitimately downloaded from a rival service.  I'm not sure that has been established.  It certainly seems like Apple was paranoid about exploitations, but I haven't seen any definite judgement that this is what happened.  Apologies if I've missed anything.   It's a...
Why?  Prices reflect the state of the market as much as the currency they're marked in. How is it any more absurd than urban New York, rural Mississippi and beachfront Hawaii sharing the same currency?  Or indeed, its use as the defacto or majority reserve currency in many other countries?
This analogy really doesn't fit.  Let's rework it... I have a Sony BetaMax machine and another company makes a tape meeting the BetaMax format specifications, but also add a special little button that prevents the tape being copied.  It doesn't affect the BetaMax machine at all, but Sony decide to remote update the BetaMax machine (god knows how they do that in the 80s, but stick with it).  Now my tapes are useless.   WTF Sony?   And let's be clear, the analogy doesn't...
I'm not sure if you're trying to be ironic, but this is riddled with errors. 1. Not having heard of something doesn't mean it never happened, and we're talking about a time when other digital services weren't all that successful. Which is the point.  So no, it's not particularly funny or unsuprising.2. There have been other devices able to play iTunes music.  The Motorola ROKR, the RAZR v3i.  Only under license from Apple, which is the point.  Since DRM was removed, every...