or Connect

Posts by Crowley

If it's Apple buying them then theoretically it shouldn't do, except as a temporary fluctuation because of the trade volume.  Apple's cash is accounted for in the stock price, if Apple use cash to buy stock then the value of the company goes down to the exact same value as that of the shares they buy and retire, i.e. you can't create value from nothing. In real world practice there are some variations because of changes in expectations, and the aforementioned impact of...
Seems like I see more iAd banners advertising the iAd service than any products.  Apple defending users' privacy is all well and good, but if it means that app developers use other advertising networks instead because iAd doesn't have the fill rate then it's all in vain.
Sure, that's what I meant, some system-wide authentication for all apps using the Keychain, that uses TouchID to validate.
It is? I have that and haven't noticed any increased problems from iOS6. Indeed it's not really much of a problem at all, save from having to remember two sets of login info. Could be improved by allowing users to merge iCloud and iTunes account of course, but people have been asking for that for years.
I hope iOS8 allows some opening up of TouchID to third party apps. Would be great to unlock 1Password with TouchID, or put an extra authentication on my work email.
Sorry, are you implying that people only have desire for Apple products? Because that's the logical end point of those two sentences. You think people don't want Ferraris? Apple store openings are a cultural phenomenon I really don't understand. I have plenty of desire for the products, but that's a quite different thing from queuing for a store opening.
He didn't say that, nor was it implied. Cases of IP infringement are stopped/remedied by authorities, not by rants or sarcasm on the AppleInsider forum.
Apart from the weight, thickness, length, material, the entire back plate, antenna, headphone position, speaker grille, sync/charge connector, and probably more besides. Yeah, you're right, they're all minor right?  Major would be... what?  Making the phone spherical?
People don't pay the cost of the smartphone off as part of their monthly bill?  I think you misread what you quoted. That's not what he was talking about, he said the monthly bill was higher if the cost of the phone was higher, which it noticeably is with the iPhone.
Sorry, I probably worded it clumsily. The G1, and a few other early Android phones had slide out keyboards, but the Android prototypes had fixed keyboards like BlackBerrys.  And the keyboards didn't last long, manufacturers dropped them to copy Apple's approach of a touch screen and software keyboard. Re. being an Apple competitor, I'm talking about the market they were targetting.  BlackBerry were on top of the enterprise, with some minor encroachment on the consumer...