or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Interesting, I didn't realise that. But since there are currently no Apple computers with the USB-C female port, we'll be stuck with either USB-A or USB-A-reversible cables for a little while yet.
97¢ is such a stupid price.  Part of me wishes sellers would just round to the dollar/pound/euro/etc to save me carrying pennies around.   Obviously I could refuse the pennies, but then that feels like I'm turning away money, which is even more stupid.
I thought Type C is for the device end, not the master? In which case Apple already has Lightning to do that part.
 So?  The world is the way it is.  Disadvantaging yourself on principle for a cause that has little traction or likelihood of changing at any time in the near future is silly, and certainly not as a result of your choosing to surrender your anonymity on an Apple Insider message board while conversing with people who haven't chosen to surrender theirs. To take a silly example, if a soccer manager was of the opinion that soccer games should be played with only 7 players,...
I think Apple's simplicity and efficient design is focussed on the end user experience, not the internal workings of cables.  From what we've seen of this reversible cable it has a big flappy tongue on the inside.  I'm sure Apple will ship something that's the best they can make it, but whichever way you look at it a big flappy tongue isn't as simple or elegant as the Lightning connector's small form factor and single piece design.
 Writing implements were not purposely built for the purpose of creating anonymous communications.  And if it used as such there are ways to attempt to track where a piece of written information comes from since it will be part of a physical object in the physical world.  Handwriting recognition, fingerprints and DNA on the paper, investigating how it came to appear wherever it appeared.
 What does that mean?  If Brazil makes a law then it applies to everyone in Brazil.  It doesn't affect anyone outside of Brazil.  If you don't want to abide by that law then don't enter Brazil.  Who are the "others" you are referring to?  Preventing what actions?  Genuinely not following you here.  US constitutional amendments don't apply to people in Brazil.
Presumably, if the American goes back to the USA they'd be able to redownload Secret. This is akin to the border guard seizing your contraband that isn't allowed in the destination country.  You normally don't get that back either, but with Secret, as soon as you get out of Brazil, you could redownload.
What has PC got to do with anything? I don't think the order is based on what country the phone is in, it's based on what app store it's connected to.  If it's the Brazil app store, which is subject to Brazilian laws, and where Secret is an app that does not fulfil requirements set out by the Brazilian constitution, then Secret should not be sold and should never have been sold, and any sales are invalid, and any installations of Secret should be removed.  That seems...
Not the CEO Microsoft needs, but the one it deserves