or Connect

Posts by Crowley

What commotion? It's just a feature. More commotion from the "meh" brigade.
Got to that without activating the microphone and hearing the Siri chime did you?
Ok, so there are some "small differences" and "nice features" but "nothing to beat Siri".What does Siri have that you think Cortana doesn't? You have to outweigh those "small differences" and "nice features" with plus points for Siri if you're going to justify this indifference.
Sure, because mumbling incoherently is a good solution to bringing up a desired UI. Cortana offers text entry without any need for mumbling.
I know I'm just joshing on the relative unimportance of soccer in the US compared to everywhere else.
Incorrect. Siri doesn't accept a text query, nor does she have any third party API, beyond "open AppleInsider app".
Blackberry had pretty big cash reserves iirc. Though surely they're dwindling now after what seems like years of losses. Shame, I was rooting for them to pull through and thought BB10 looked interesting. Still do, but hopes of it happening are falling every day.
Nah, in other countries they're just "moms". "Soccer" aka football is for everyone.
Where exactly will Microsoft make money, is it from advertising linked to Bing search? Or are they just going for market share for now? I suppose the Nokia division might help pick up some $, but if that shuts out other OEMs it could end up damaging both of those income streams.
Looks really nice, and I like that Cortana has a text entry option via keyboard (I.e. Isn't voice only) which I've complained about with Siri since day one. If I wasn't so invested in iOS I think a Lumia with WP would be my phone of choice, to my eyes the OS has a coherence that is superior to iOS's current offering.