or Connect

Posts by Crowley

You can get adaptors for the different USB ports as well, or just different cables, since they're cheap.   The USB-A end is pretty universal, even if the other end isn't.
Is it confirmed it'll be a new port?  Think I missed that.
 Huh?  I was aware it was an Apple patent when I posted that.  EDIT: Actually no, that's not true, I'm getting my timeline mixed up; I wasn't aware there was a patent involved.  But I was aware of the story that Apple were interested in the concept and might be releasing a cable. I think I'm pretty clear that I think the concept of the cable has its limitations in terms of elegance and simplicity, but Apple will do what they can.
 In that hypothetical parallel universe I wonder if we'd be talking about a reversible Thunderbolt cable.  Because that'd be nice.
Interesting, I didn't realise that. But since there are currently no Apple computers with the USB-C female port, we'll be stuck with either USB-A or USB-A-reversible cables for a little while yet.
97¢ is such a stupid price.  Part of me wishes sellers would just round to the dollar/pound/euro/etc to save me carrying pennies around.   Obviously I could refuse the pennies, but then that feels like I'm turning away money, which is even more stupid.
I thought Type C is for the device end, not the master? In which case Apple already has Lightning to do that part.
 So?  The world is the way it is.  Disadvantaging yourself on principle for a cause that has little traction or likelihood of changing at any time in the near future is silly, and certainly not as a result of your choosing to surrender your anonymity on an Apple Insider message board while conversing with people who haven't chosen to surrender theirs. To take a silly example, if a soccer manager was of the opinion that soccer games should be played with only 7 players,...
I think Apple's simplicity and efficient design is focussed on the end user experience, not the internal workings of cables.  From what we've seen of this reversible cable it has a big flappy tongue on the inside.  I'm sure Apple will ship something that's the best they can make it, but whichever way you look at it a big flappy tongue isn't as simple or elegant as the Lightning connector's small form factor and single piece design.
 Writing implements were not purposely built for the purpose of creating anonymous communications.  And if it used as such there are ways to attempt to track where a piece of written information comes from since it will be part of a physical object in the physical world.  Handwriting recognition, fingerprints and DNA on the paper, investigating how it came to appear wherever it appeared.