or Connect

Posts by Crowley

Who doesn't?
You're 2 for 2 in the grouchy replies
No one said Tim Cook was perfect. I recall a number of commentators being surprised that Apple and Tim Cook were giving the book any recognition at all. Would have been better not to, in my onion.Also, Tim Cook said that, not Slim Took on the Haunted Empire message board.
Did he do so wearing a fake moustache and sunglasses? No he didn't.Did he call Microsoft liars and whiners? No he didn't.Was he criticised when he told customers that they were "holding it wrong"? Yes he was.Being snippy with your customers or ungracious as a public figure never serves you well. Tim Cook and his rhino skin is much better than Steve Jobs in that regard.
Aside from speaking in the third person as Corrections, I'd say the responses on Roughly Drafted and AI are pretty close to exactly the same, he used to berate and call people liars on his own site too. I remember him angering some people because of his habit of editing their comments too.Example:The reply to Rmaynard85 at http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2012/01/09/inside-ces-2012-the-copycat-electronics-shitshow/
This is a ridiculous stance. If DED wants to be taken seriously then he should act seriously. Same goes for any professional in any industry. Sniping under an pseudonym is not a reasonable (or particularly rational, it smacks of insecurity) method for a professional writer to respond to criticism, whether that criticism is amateur or professional, well founded or not. DED is acting like his own shill.
Do people really use laptops in their lap? My MBA gets far too hot for that to be a practical use case.
Writing isn't my job. If I get criticised by a customer or colleague in my job (doesn't happen often, but it has happened) then I act professionally and try to be constructive, I don't snap back at the person criticising, and I certainly don't do so under cover of an alias.
I don't use multiple aliases and I'm not a journalist. I fail to see how I'm a pot.