or Connect

Posts by Mario

What tablets can't do: they don't have large screen and never will. Hence the need to be able to send signal wirelessly to external display and to intelligently find and pair with available one around it. Keyboard is the most efficient way to do certain things, and programming and interacting with the computer is one of them. I'm a software developer and I hate when I walk over to someone that doesn't bloody know how to touch type let alone use advanced text editor like...
Spaces used to be able to give you bird eye view of spaces alone and on a large enough screen (30'' ACD each space is rendered larger than 13'' macbook pro screen) you could actually see the state of windows and what is going on in each space all at once without switching to it. As a matter of fact invoking expose while in space bird eye view would expose windows in ALL spaces. Very useful feature.In Lion spaces is integrated into expose and previews are tiny. You have to...
That's because on computer that slow you never actually experienced "speed" . On my 8 core Mac Pro with 32 GB of RAM Lion is noticeably slower than Snow Leopard. Stupid animations for opening new app windows are total waste of time. Too many usability regressions and paradigm shifts (breakages) are just too much. I wish they would break OS X into two, technology fearing ignorati get OS X home and UNIX geeks get OS X Pro, but it will never happen. It's really time to...
Sorry, tried Lion and was thoroughly disappointed. To me this is Apple's Vista. I don't share their personal computing vision either, do I'm staying with SL until my hardware is too outdated. At that point it's back to square one, and most likely Apple will not be one of the contenders for my next upgrade cycle.
That drive does not support TRIM. It does implement its own garbage collection scheme though.
Quarantine (the part of the OS that marks files as downloaded from internet and potentially unsafe) in OS X is implemented by sticking extended attributes on downloaded files. When you are warned once about the file and you dismiss the dialog, the quarantine attribute is cleared from the file. As a consequence, when you move the file to another OS X computer, it won't have the attribute on it (you trusted it on another Mac after all so why would you not trust it on the...
Did you move the file out of quarantine previously (i.e. did you dismiss the dialog warning you that the file is downloaded from the internet and to confirm if you want to run it?). If so you will not be asked again, you will have to reset the warnings.
I use Windows 7 daily at work and it's just as clunky windows as ever. It still lacks polish, it's hard to drive, and frankly it looks hideous with fat, glowing, multicolored, out of theme title bars and borders etc. It's a valiant effort, but it just proves that Microsoft has no "soul" and can't do anything unexpected, stylish, toned down and usable. Internet Explore always was and remains a joke, I can't believe someone actually brought that into conversation when...
I think it's good for the industry and everyone else but Microsoft. But considering Microsoft could never innovate or produce anything worthwhile, it's kind of nice to have a symbolic idiot at the helm of the company too, making sure they don't suddenly start buying smart people and turning the course towards open standards, cooperation, the Internet and post PC computing era.
Running Windows on the Mac is completely pointless. Yeah, the hardware is great and really nice. But what makes your development experience nice is a project with the right infrastructure and built around UNIX development principles that are frankly really rare these days. It is extremely hard to find a company that does things right, the UNIX way but those that do are a joy to work at. Instead you will end up with the brain dead project infrastructure/organization, no...