or Connect

Posts by Mario

What kind of stuff has MS had since Windows 2000 that is not in OS X? Do tell. I can tell you about 3000 things that OS X has that are not in any Windows release, and they are all available by starting that little thing called Terminal.
I just don't understand comments like this. I'm a software developer and let me assure you that making 64 kernel and converting all your apps to 64 bit is one hell of a project. Add to that some ground breaking technologies like OpenCL etc. and you got one amazing upgrade. And all people can say is they want new wallpaper. Well go to www.interfacelift.com and download some yourself.
It's more like out of billion people 900 million prefer cheap things and use what ever is pre-installed on their computer, and because "everyone else does too".
Wow, which monitor (LCD?) supports that resolution and at what physical size? I want one too if it is an LCD .
Well it's certainly possible to use computer for certain things without ever using terminal. But some of us would never consider switching to OS X if it weren't a UNIX and didn't have terminal . As a software developer I can't imagine doing anything without Terminal and the 1000 or so standard UNIX command line utilities.
Can you give us a listing of (Apple) apps that have been converted to 64 bit. Also, it looks like the default Terminal font is now Deja Vu or Bitstream Vera Sans Mono? Did you experience any apps not working with SL? Does it break backward compatibility?
As alternative you could use spring loaded folders (select your files and drag them as a group to the home folder or drive etc and hover over until the folder is opened etc). Alternatively, you could open two finder windows, select your files in first, start dragging, hit expose button to reveal second finder window, move your mouse over it and hit expose again to bring it to the foreground. If you have your side mouse buttons set to activate expose you can do all this...
Ok, let's consider I'm stupid (since I bought 24'' iMac, Mac Pro, and aluminum Macbook in that order). I'm a software developer, I have masters degree in Pure Math, I make more than $100,000 a year, so perhaps I could be stupid. But on the other hand I value my time a lot lately, since I have less and less of it. At work I develop on Linux, Windows, Solaris, AIX, HPUX, but at home I use OS X exclusively. Because I don't want a chatty OS, with ugly UI, I don't want to...
Not really. Ivan means John and Krstic is literally "Little Cross", so his name means Little Cross John.
I updated my Macbook through regular automatic updates. It downloaded 449 MB delta installed, rebooted and it seems to run fine. My early 2008 Mac Pro would not do automatic update (it said it needed only 286 MB delta even though it and Macbook are clone copies of each other). I have attempted the update at least 5 times. Each time it was going slow and said that the file could not be saved because it is corrupted or tampered with (basically it failed the checksum...