or Connect

Posts by Mario

It's like PC manufacturers are completely incapable of original thought. Every laptop has to be a cheaper, podgier looking Apple knock off.  
I find the current iPad 3 screen just right to read ebooks/PDFs without zooming (esp. for PDFs with multi-column layout and embedded images). Any smaller than that and you would have to hold it horizontally to read, which is not ideal.  
How is cutting search or maps from a class of users violating monopoly status? Besides being a monopoly is not illegal either. Using your monopoly status in one market to win another is illegal.   I liked Apple much better when Google were friends and Microsoft a common enemy. Nowadays Apple reeks of evil more than any other tech company (they are at the forefront of tech companies that want to kill general computing and sell you appliances). And it's all about...
I do software development primarily. Honestly programming on a 13'' or 15'' screen, or even single 17'' screen is really constrained. Ideally you want at least 2 21'' screens, but two 30'' is great. 17'' MBP is sort of minimal screen you can do some work on if you have to on the road. I usually have couple of terminal windows, an IDE instance of some kind, etc a browser and it's nice to be able to have all of these side by side so you can quickly read information from...
First they drop XServe, then Mac Pro, now 17'' MBP. I guess 27'' iMac is next in line as the most powerful mac. Then 15'' MBP. I guess until only 11'' Air, iPad and iPhone are left. After all that's all consumers need right.  
They might as well drop the pretentious Pro from the name of their products, since no pro of any kind is going to continue to use their iCrap any more.  
Actually, that's not true. Apple is solely responsible for its own implementation of the JVM. No code is taken from Sun/Oracle. It's the other way around. Apple has last year donated its code to Oracle, and starting with JDK 7 Oracle will be providing JVM for OS X.
Exactly. This story has echoed verbatim (even BBC news is carrying it) without ANYONE, anywhere actually providing some evidence of their claims. I'm genuinely interested for anyone anywhere to provide some more data for this.
Java is a legacy technology. Stupid Apple is building the future of their business on dead technology. I'm being facetious of course, but that's exactly the kind of idiocy I have heard from Apple fans when deprecation and removal of Java from Mac OS X was announced.
I'll raise your 20 foot MBA and ask for 20 yard one. Now that would be some laptop.