or Connect

Posts by Mario

Google doesn't need RIM and Apple's technology stack is completely different than RIM's. In addition to that RIM is catering to corporate market, where end users have phones shoved down their throats weather they like them or not (this is also why RIM is unprepared to compete in the consumer market, they never had to make a phone and OS that are usable, with low tech support needs). RIM has strong Microsoft culture, their enterprise department is almost like subsidiary of...
JSP is Java. You still need the JVM and majority of your code is in Java , you just expose it by writing "scirpts" to call into these Java classes and convert results on the fly to dynamic HTML on the server. Writing web code in C++ is insanity, you get the unsafe code, slow development cycles and language that is slower to develop in. Java is light years ahead of C++ for web development. But if performance is not an issue, then Ruby and Python are excellent choices as well.
It's not bullshit. Apple has neither OS nor expertise to run the cloud backend. Why not just rent cheap storage and Linux servers from Amazon, people who specialize on the cloud storage and their business model is renting online computing and storage by the minute. Apple exited the server business this year, and abandoned support for Java (guess what one of the major cloud cluster computing frameworks is based on Hadoop - which started as Java project). Apple wants to...
the back of latest iPod got scratched to oblivion within days of gentle use. Glass back of iPhone 4 lasted over a year now without a single scratch.
Isn't Microsoft also working on adding support for ARM CPU architecture in Windows 8 (which is essentially what Apple's A series CPUs are). So you perhaps still could install Windows on Mac. However, I'm more concerned about performance. I think ARM is fine for small mobile devices, but ARM would have a tough time competing with Intel Core i7 and newer processors on performance. Intel would shred it every time in any benchmark except power consumption .
What tablets can't do: they don't have large screen and never will. Hence the need to be able to send signal wirelessly to external display and to intelligently find and pair with available one around it. Keyboard is the most efficient way to do certain things, and programming and interacting with the computer is one of them. I'm a software developer and I hate when I walk over to someone that doesn't bloody know how to touch type let alone use advanced text editor like...
Spaces used to be able to give you bird eye view of spaces alone and on a large enough screen (30'' ACD each space is rendered larger than 13'' macbook pro screen) you could actually see the state of windows and what is going on in each space all at once without switching to it. As a matter of fact invoking expose while in space bird eye view would expose windows in ALL spaces. Very useful feature.In Lion spaces is integrated into expose and previews are tiny. You have to...
That's because on computer that slow you never actually experienced "speed" . On my 8 core Mac Pro with 32 GB of RAM Lion is noticeably slower than Snow Leopard. Stupid animations for opening new app windows are total waste of time. Too many usability regressions and paradigm shifts (breakages) are just too much. I wish they would break OS X into two, technology fearing ignorati get OS X home and UNIX geeks get OS X Pro, but it will never happen. It's really time to...
Sorry, tried Lion and was thoroughly disappointed. To me this is Apple's Vista. I don't share their personal computing vision either, do I'm staying with SL until my hardware is too outdated. At that point it's back to square one, and most likely Apple will not be one of the contenders for my next upgrade cycle.
That drive does not support TRIM. It does implement its own garbage collection scheme though.