or Connect

Posts by WPLJ42

I like this approach, and believe that is what will probably happen. Apple should loose the optical drive in a few years. I would think putting the OS on a USB stick is cheaper than the cost of having an optical drive. It will be very interesting to see how much CPU the 11.6 inch model will get. One might speculate, the 13.3 inch can have similar CPUs to the MBP. This should also tell how much of a boost the mini can have. Wrong thread, I know, but the mini needs to loose...
Here is the first Tandy TRS-80 from 1977:http://oldcomputers.net/trs80i.htm Notice the Apple products in the timeline on the left of the page. Here is the Apple 1:http://oldcomputers.net/applei.html I didn't have a Mac until 12/31/1999 (Y2K), but many a Tandy.
I am using an HP now, and you get what you pay for. I suppose Apple is making up for the fact they lost money on sales of each Mac in the 90s, about the time they almost failed. Apple ... Either boost the power of the mini, or scale down the Pro.
You mean like this?http://www.apple.com/pr/photos/imac2001/imac_tokyo.html
I have an HP AIO running a 64-bit version of W7 Home Premium. It uses an ultra-low voltage AMD Athlon II 250u @ 1.8GHz. Dual Core. Integrated GPU and 4GB DDR2 800 RAM. SATA II HD. It ain't no rocket ship. It never gets hot like my 20 inch iMac Core 2 Duo (2GHz) did, but the fan purrs constantly. iTunes can push the CPU to its limits, and it is way slower than my iMac when it comes to converting music files. I am more than happy with the system, as the screen is viewable. I...
Well, we move backward, to an audio quality on par with vinyl. Please. I am over 40 and low vision all my life. So, I should not be interested in HDTV? My hearing does not extend over 16KHz, and that was tested by a radio engineer in 1980. The roll-off over 12KHz was big. So I have 8-track ears. I am not an audiophile either, but know mush when I hear it. As for moving on, I HATE digital video and audio both. Too many times, the capabilities are grossly abused. For anyone...
Now that I'm a PC, I can finally read this screen. I still have iTunes, and it seems to work just as well on a PC. The quality of sound from the iTunes Store is awful. On the other hand, many of the 64kbps AAC HE stations in iTunes Radio are fine. It isn't just lossy versus lossless. You can't compress (remove similar sounds) from music, without it taking a hit. A bigger problem, and I won't fault the iTunes Store without proof, is "brick-walling." Go ahead and Wiki it. I...
I've been Windows free almost 3 years, and can't wait to go back. Call me a troll or pro-troll, or whatever. Realize that is one of the reasons to go back. I don't like Kool-Aid, and all the other childish behaviors associated with MacHeads. Windows is far from perfect, but it takes a real PC to best run Linux, and I totally dig Linux!
Since day one, there has always been some sort of issue. Out of the box, the Tiger restore DVDs did not work. I later found they were for the mini. So Apple Care sent me a home made Leopard DVD and iLife 'O8. Leopard (10.5.0) didn't function with iMovie, and instantly required an update from Apple. So a brand new computer, and a brand new OS, already had something wrong. I have not experienced an OS that is superior in any fashion to Windows. I am not going to worry...
Won't miss any of you BoneHeads for a split-second!