or Connect

Posts by WPLJ42

That kind of makes good sense. On the other hand, it could be an app for iWork, and a 4th iWork app for the iPad. Either way, will they call it i5, or would Intel have to sue them!?
I have the wireless Apple/Mighty Mouse. Have used rubbing alcohol to clean, but it doesn't work anymore. No more up or down scroll, just left to right. I will have to try the R/S contact cleaner. That sounds like a good idea. Thanks. I use my mouse on what is now a very rough wood surface. It works fine. I do have the settings running as fast as is possible.
I get sick and tired of people who think they know what other people can or can't see. Virtually all of my vision is gently out of focus. It is a brain processing problem, not just a poor sight thing. Altering the resolution is not going to remain as sharp on ANY non CRT screen, PERIOD! I can't use something that starts out blurry, and then gets magnified. Changing DPI has been a part of Windows for quite some time. Windows 7 makes it easier. You want pretty pictures,...
Yes, but it does give Google a chance to put "battery" ads at the bottom of each page. I see absolutely nothing wrong with using a USB product. Unfortunately, I would have to go some place else to get a decent USB mouse. Apple has no clue. While the Apple keyboard works, it is far from perfect as well.
How about me just saying, "It would be nice" if Apple did what I asked. They put an HDMI port on the mini after I requested it. Sometimes, without any warning, my batteries go from 40% at the end of the evening, to 0% in the morning. My bad, I don't have "extra" batteries. I did post that my keyboard uses three batteries. Before I purchase more batteries, I will get a USB keyboard and mouse. Problem solved. Gee, what if Apple put tiny USB connectors on the bluetooth...
If Apple wanted to be slick, they would be selling a 4 battery device, that does not need to charge 2+2. That would be something new and useful for us 3 battery people. As for what technology they were using, how the hell do I know. My old HP had a device that plugged into a USB port. It transmitted data to and from the keyboard and mouse. The newer HPs suggest not using rechargeable batteries. If in fact, Apple has 1.5 volt batteries, I would be interested. To stay on...
Two fold: My experience suggests bluetooth is not as efficient as IR. Also, since IR devices last so long, I see no need to use rechargeable batteries. For Apple to begin selling rechargeable batteries and a charger, easily suggests the need.My old HP Pavilion, with Windows Me, came with a wireless keyboard and mouse. I installed the included batteries, and never considered using rechargeable ones. Just like I'd never consider using rechargeable batteries in my Comcast...
My 3 battery bluetooth keyboard works just fine. Should I pitch it just because Apple has a new 2 battery keyboard? They are more than welcome (Apple) to send me one for free, consider all the hell they have put me through with the POS Apple mouse. In my opinion, Apple has done nothing new here. I have batteries and a charger from Radio Shack that are two years old. The battery ratings are pretty much the same. The charger is a 2+2 unit. Like previously stated, they are...
Big_Al ... As far as I can tell, you can upgrade the 21.5 inch iMac to 16 GB of RAM, Apple just doesn't sell it that way. As for the video card, it is just how it is done. You gotta get this to get that. You can't get the SSD on the 21.5. I can't slam Apple on this, everyone plays these games. Dell is really awful. If you look at the specs for the iMac, you will notice both have 4 RAM slots, and use the same type of memory. Adding memory yourself on an iMac is WAY easy, BTW.
Marvin ... As a low vision individual, Apple does not make a portable computer I can see. My iMac is no longer good enough. Windows has more features for visually impaired users. I could get a PC and a 22 inch HDTV, and connect them with HDMI. On the other hand, since DPI is not flexible in Mac OS X, the way it is with Windows, I would be forced to using a Mac mini and a 26 inch HDTV. Fortunately, the mini now supports HDMI. To put this all into perspective, don't be...