or Connect

Posts by WPLJ42

I would rather see Boot Camp work without issues instead. I like Mac OS and don't like the idea of Safari starting to resemble Windows. Yuck! I have bad eyesight and that is the only reason I use a Mac. I have Windows 7 Beta running via Boot Camp. It is okay, but still not as clean a look as Mac OS X. I don't care for iTunes and would like more options. Also, renting audiobooks from my local library has just now become compatible with the Mac. The choices are limited. I am...
You can just as easily Import & Export Bookmarks by going to the File Menu in Safari.
Then use Firefox. The trick is to enable the option in the TABS preferences (sorry, don't know how to do pix) then use CMD+click to open in a new tab. I have always been a Safari fan until now. Firefox does look better now.
Refresh has moved to the right edge of the address line. Escape use to work to stop a page, but doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I don't like not being able to move the + button to bookmark a page. Nit picking for sure, but that is where my Home button goes.
Looks like the inline progress bar is gone. The spinning clock like thingie seems to be the replacement. Can get that from Firefox. That is also where the reload page button has gone. I am not so fond of the new look that is fine for Windows users, but I don't want my Mac to look like a PC. Next thing ya know, Apple will do the same for iTunes and Quicktime. If this is the plan, I might as well go back to Windows.
I was impressed with Windows 7 Beta. Sure, it isn't Mac OS X and probably never will be. I had bad luck with the Boot Camp Xtras from the Leopard DVD. I have an iMac with Bluetooth keyboard. The Boot Camp install screwed up my keyboard. Windows would not sync up with my keyboard, but without the Boot Camp stuff, Windows emulated my keyboard as if it was a PS/2. My Bluetooth MIghty Mouse is dead (second time around) so I use a regular USB mouse. No troubles there. The audio...
It might not work is right. All things considered, I like Windows 7 Beta. By the time it hits retail, Mac-Heads will have reasons to be concerned. The only reason I have a Mac is my poor eyesight and the options available through Mac OS X. The visual side of Windows looks better on my iMac (1680 x 1050) and there are options for speech. In a year, when Windows 7 goes retail, I just might go back to the dark side. Apple is a very annoying company to put up with. Everything...
I sorta thought Boot Camp wasn't compatible with the 64-bit version. I will give it a try along with your other ideas. Thanks! For the most part, Windows 7 Beta seemed to work okay for me without the extras. The only thing I really needed was the sound. WPLJ42
I have a 20" aluminum iMac with Mac OS 10.5.6. I have the Apple wireless keyboard and a USB turntable. I got Windows 7 Beta to install okay. Windows refuses to recognize my iMac audio. It thinks I have USB speakers. Also, if I install the Boot Camp add ons from the DVD, the bluetooth keyboard does not work at all. I had to reinstall Windows and use it without the Boot Camp add ons from the DVD. They keyboard is okay as Windows runs an emulator. Also, I am using a USB...