or Connect

Posts by WPLJ42

I enabled Rosetta for some reason, a time ago, per instructions, and it was pathetically slow. Now I am like way curious to know what this game is??? I have seen RI, a few months ago anyway, and it doesn't work well. Apple has a ways to go. I love exploring Ubuntu, but the ability to change fonts isn't as productive as Windows. Yes, I use the 16 points for fonts in Finder. I also use maximum grid spacing for icons and the highest for Leopard of 128 X 128. Just for giggles,...
I am not familiar with any feature that changes font sizes in Mac OS. I do have Finder set for the largest text and icons for Leopard. Note: I am not changing screen resolution in Windows. I am changing the DPI, which attempts to make everything larger on a global scale. Some non-Windows apps don't respond. Apple does not allow for this. Perhaps Resolution Independence will make a difference, but I don't think my eyesight can wait that long. It is very difficult to reach a...
My eyesight issues are brain related. As I was told at UC Berkeley, I have 20/20 vision, but can't use it. Eyesight is gently but constantly blurry. Most low vision users are just fine with Mac OS as you say. I used Windows 7 Beta and RC, and it looked better on this very iMac. I did have to bump up the DPI to 125% or Windows would not be any better. For some reason, the DPI bump works better for me than any of the tools in Universal Access. I have indeed, tried them all....
I am pleased to see a follow up on this. Thanks Doc. I have access to Windows XP prior to SP1. Sounds like this endeavor is more trouble than I would consider it worth. Not that I totally dislike Mac OS or my iMac, I need something better suited to my eyesight. Rather than attempt something like this, I will return to Windows completely. I don't understand how BootCamp works, but I don't understand why XP SP2 is the only option. I realize Windows 7 will not function...
I could be wrong, but it sounds like there are already two Mac partitions. I believe BootCamp is asking you to have just one Mac partition. There might be a way to get around it, I don't know of one.
... If you're young at heart. Okay, define troll. Look it up in your Mac dictionary, and it has some happy meanings as well. I suppose a person like me who has full intentions to return to the PC, must be a troll. In my own opinion, someone who trolls this site looking for how many posts to make in a day, is a troll. One thing that spooks me, is the desktop numbers appear to be the lowest of all the items Apple sells. I am not interested in anything of a portable nature....
I am not in a battle with myself. It is only too common for boneheads like yourself, who are clueless, to launch an attack on people who are different. My eyesight started off bad, and only grew worse. I am nearly 53, and deal with my eyesight as best I can. Read about Glenn Beck ... it could happen to anyone. Someday you eyesight will turn to mush, and I would not be abusive. The worst disability of all is the one you have ... ignorance. As for the OP, if he has the...
Does this mean Apple is 0 for 2 with recent mouse offerings? The old Mighty Mouse is junk. Funny, my keyboard has never been a problem. Whew!
Unless you have my eyesight, don't start with me! I am familiar with every single 'effing' feature available in Universal Access. I never said anything was wrong with the Mac, did I? My eyesight is blurry. All of the options, and I probably know the Mac and Windows stuff better than you, make things even more blurry. Did you look up Nystagmus? Really, don't even start with me! This is a senseless battle you can't win.
If the original poster can see the MacBook Pro fine, then it doesn't really matter. I could not use any MacBook. Fonts are too small. My weak vision is more of a birth defect than anything else, but I am not the only one on earth with things like Nystagmus. "Look Up In Dictionary" will tell you exactly what Nystagmus is. I am not alone, many people cannot see the high resolution on the new 27 inch iMac. Mine is a 20 inch. None of the tools available in Mac or Windows are...