or Connect

Posts by Akac

Not at all - its just a collection of Google services such as the maps API, not actual core OS APIs.   As an example our flagship app - Pocket Informant - relies on the calendar APIs included in Android 4.0. On previous OSes we had to reverse engineer Google's code. Or another example are widgets - resizable widgets were not supported in specific Android platforms. I can go on and on.   On iOS we have to write our software to gracefully limit functionality on older...
  That only helps fragmentation for users to a degree. It does not help fragmentation for developers.
My take is simple. iOS 7 beta 1 sucked. I really love beta 4 and am excited to see how it progresses. The big thing is that iOS 7 FEELS a lot better in use than via static screenshots.
My two cents if it means much. The interface in screenshots is not something I want to install on my device; but then I installed it. Of course at first I still disliked it. After a week I can't go back to iOS 6 without feeling like I'm running some old OS. I love most of iOS 7 now. (I say most because there are some elements I do not like still).
It's quite possible to "delete" Apples apps without affecting the underlying system services, but it's ridiculous for any reason of space. The system services are already separate to the point that the apps themselves are just shells around them with UI for non-system service parts. For example Maps is a shell around MapKit with UI for its alerts, bookmarks, and cards. Safari is a system only version of UIWebView with bookmarks and tabs. So trying to delete them for...
Easy answer. Use Kiosk mode. It's called Guided access.
I think this is a good thing because it means that the calendar app is now designed for the basic user and users can focus on calendar apps that really innovate. Our app - for example - integrates tasks, events, notes, and contacts - working with Evernote, Google, Toodledo, and our interface is pretty iOS 7 like. http://webis.net/wp/pocket-informant-pro/ We even have natural language recognition for tasks and events so you can create them via natural text like "Have...
We are in the private beta on the Mac. It's actually running very well. However some of the sky stuff isn't working yet. And with all the issues the Windows version has - that's my guess. Btw I also played this via VMWARE before the Mac beta. It ran acceptably there on non-recent hardware. So all this talk of GPU drivers is way off the mark for this game.
I can say from experience that trying to shed light on ignorance in a forum is a waste of time. That said…   If the build number is at all correct, then it is interesting. However all those people who think that Apple submits builds to devs for testing are delusional. Apple does not use devs for beta testing. They only give devs beta builds for the sole purpose of devs testing their apps against the OS and to get feedback on APIs, and let devs prepare for the new release....
Nothing has been seen on either for games yet. Just a few marketing announcements. So… that's BS.