or Connect

Posts by Akac

Nothing has been seen on either for games yet. Just a few marketing announcements. So… that's BS.
Just go to the purchased section of the App Store. It will show up there. Guaranteed. Even apps that were yanked by Apple will still show up there.
  What are you talking about? I clearly understand the conversation. Apple made a change to Siri that was bad. I wrote about that. Nothing else. Its obvious they fixed the problem or tweaked it based on negative reports.  You could've simply said that "Your issue existed, but now doesn't." Instead you argue for no reason except to see your words on a page it seems. You're acting like one of my children did years back when I had to explain to them they didn't need to put...
So I tried it just now because I was curious if they have resolved the issue - it seems they have which is great.   However every single post I wrote was to support my original event and I still stand by all of them. Period.
  Seriously you're still supporting that my dictation was too long? I've been using Siri since it first came out and I've done texts WAY longer than that. How can you possibly support this? Its like you're on some sort of blind drive that Apple can do no wrong.    Look I'm a developer and I worked at Apple. In both cases it was and still is extremely important to identify when you're wrong, when you do things that simply don't work.    I gave you the exact text I dictated...
  Siri's whole point is that it understands like a human. Apple's whole DNA is about working like a human does, not how a computer does.   Irregardless however is that the error that Siri was presenting was not about wordy requests. The only request was "text my wife". The rest of the message was dictation.. and for that reason this error message is wrong.    I honestly can't see how you can support this change. I'll try it again soon to see if they have changed things.
Mine was simple when I did it earlier this week:   With that - I got the message it was too long. To be honest I haven't tried it since because since then, uncharacteristically I haven't had to leave the house. But you agree that the above message is short enough? Its possible Apple has removed or tweaked it. If so - good. This was a stupid idea on their part.
It's annoying. It lacks context. Why should using my "smartphone" be a frustrating experience?And anyone asking for in-app browsers to be removed have no idea what they are asking for technically.If you don't like it - don't use apps that use them. For many others its a better experience, is more private, and they want it.Just because you don't - don't punish everyone else.
I saw that. How is that a security hole? Explain. It is standard URL schema functionality. Without it so much expected behavior works.This isn't like accessing private data or being able to do something behind your back. In fact in iOS 6 Apple introduced new APIs for inter app communication which if you customize to offer more options requires this scheme functionality to work.And for anyone who says that the app should ask or iOS should ask the user like for contacts,...
Why not? I constantly use Siri to text while driving. That day it failed. It's failed before due to too much noise, garbled talk. But this time - for the first time since I used it the day Siri came out (yes I buy IPhones the day they come out) it failed because of an artificial limitation that did not exist before.I'm an admitted Apple fan boy. I've bought over 50k of Apple equipment in the past few years. I've worked at Apple. I am going to WWDC. But that doesn't mean I...