or Connect

Posts by Akac

In app browsers are very helpful. For example I hate how going in links in Mail takes me to Safari. I don't care for the Gmail app much but I like that when I click a link in Gmail, it opens in an in-app browser instead.   But beyond that, there are tons of reasons why in-app browsers are useful or desired. In-app browsers allow links to be handled specially for special web/app interaction. They allow for a a means of not cluttering my history with app-specific website...
No, its not a security hole. It show inter-app communication works and is designed to work. Apps can have URL schemes like "navigon://" or "informant://" or what not. There is an explicit API that says "can iOS open this URL?". If it can, that means the app is installed.   So Chrome has a URL scheme (probably chrome://) and this little bit of code just checks to see if the scheme is available and if it is changes the http:// to chrome://url=
I'd love this in general. As for in house network - I can say with authority that while that'll generally work with Macs, with PCs it's a security nightmare. It's a lot easier to use the cloud.
  Apple has said that some of the code samples were not legally allowed to be provided. Mostly those that used GPL or other libraries that were used is my guess. I have no idea. Maybe it used some internal iOS/OS X code or something proprietary.
Haven't been to a tech talk in awhile, but I did when they first started doing them. I found them to be very helpful as an "update" to our WWDC experience. This was a few years back before WWDC always sold out.
Its not just some animation or visuals. Its a method. Nobody else came up with a method like this. Its a combination of actions, visuals, animation, and how it all works together that makes this a patent.    This is a perfect example of a good patent.
I've bought a ton of routers but only Apples have run pretty much without any issues for years. It's the only kind I buy. Period.
When I traveled throughout the south - Texas <-> Tennessee - Apple Maps did great. In Denver, its not so good. 
I think because we've ready complained with specifics for the last year. By now its just we are tired of any lack of updates, while Lightroom continues getting major improvements in its rendering.
I use it all the time. My kids use it. My friends use it. It's useful when you know your SO is coming home from shopping and needs help.