or Connect

Posts by Akac

It's annoying. It lacks context. Why should using my "smartphone" be a frustrating experience?And anyone asking for in-app browsers to be removed have no idea what they are asking for technically.If you don't like it - don't use apps that use them. For many others its a better experience, is more private, and they want it.Just because you don't - don't punish everyone else.
I saw that. How is that a security hole? Explain. It is standard URL schema functionality. Without it so much expected behavior works.This isn't like accessing private data or being able to do something behind your back. In fact in iOS 6 Apple introduced new APIs for inter app communication which if you customize to offer more options requires this scheme functionality to work.And for anyone who says that the app should ask or iOS should ask the user like for contacts,...
Why not? I constantly use Siri to text while driving. That day it failed. It's failed before due to too much noise, garbled talk. But this time - for the first time since I used it the day Siri came out (yes I buy IPhones the day they come out) it failed because of an artificial limitation that did not exist before.I'm an admitted Apple fan boy. I've bought over 50k of Apple equipment in the past few years. I've worked at Apple. I am going to WWDC. But that doesn't mean I...
This is aggravating. I sent a fairly short text to my wife today - asking if she wanted Coffee and gave her two choices. Siri said it was too long. It wasn't even half a text message max.    This essentially ruins Siri for me.    The Google app can do on-device speech recognition. Siri needs to do that in iOS 7. I don't care if its in beta, but what I do care is that Siri is useful. Before today, it was useful. Now half my Siri "conversations" don't work. 
  In app browsers are very helpful. For example I hate how going in links in Mail takes me to Safari. I don't care for the Gmail app much but I like that when I click a link in Gmail, it opens in an in-app browser instead.   But beyond that, there are tons of reasons why in-app browsers are useful or desired. In-app browsers allow links to be handled specially for special web/app interaction. They allow for a a means of not cluttering my history with app-specific website...
No, its not a security hole. It show inter-app communication works and is designed to work. Apps can have URL schemes like "navigon://" or "informant://" or what not. There is an explicit API that says "can iOS open this URL?". If it can, that means the app is installed.   So Chrome has a URL scheme (probably chrome://) and this little bit of code just checks to see if the scheme is available and if it is changes the http:// to chrome://url=
I'd love this in general. As for in house network - I can say with authority that while that'll generally work with Macs, with PCs it's a security nightmare. It's a lot easier to use the cloud.
  Apple has said that some of the code samples were not legally allowed to be provided. Mostly those that used GPL or other libraries that were used is my guess. I have no idea. Maybe it used some internal iOS/OS X code or something proprietary.
Haven't been to a tech talk in awhile, but I did when they first started doing them. I found them to be very helpful as an "update" to our WWDC experience. This was a few years back before WWDC always sold out.
Its not just some animation or visuals. Its a method. Nobody else came up with a method like this. Its a combination of actions, visuals, animation, and how it all works together that makes this a patent.    This is a perfect example of a good patent.