or Connect

Posts by Akac

Pocket Informant on iOS will let you do these things except the conference call numbers. Map will even give you locations of all events on that day.
Because its not just Rosetta. Rosetta is just a translator for code. Apple would have to compile and test a PowerPC version of ALL the OS libraries. People think its just including some minor bit of code to make Rosetta work. Its not. Its Apple having to literally make two versions of its OS and test them. Most of that code will probably work just fine as its high level C, but some of it is assembly. And testing is where the real time sink is.
They have been available for years...as long as you had Final Cut of some kind.
Geofencing is in iOS 4. And the API does allow you to set the radius. Some apps already use this. Reminders in iOS 5 is not really new except that its now part of the OS, but its using feature from iOS 4. Nothing new for iOS 5.
Pocket Informant on the App Store - has had location aware task contexts for awhile now. You set a context to a location, and PI will alert you when you are near there if that context has any tasks in it. Its a little different than Reminders in that each task doesn't have a location - its a group of tasks. And you can get alerted when you get around that area, not when you leave. But those things are coming later anyway. Just saying - this isn't all new. Apple's...
Because its against the legal document the developer signed. that's why.
I don't think anyone has to worry about Java. OS X may not ship with Java anymore but Apple moved its Java stuff to someone else to handle it. They already handle it for other platforms.
There are aspects of the MS Tools that are nice. And if you just touch XCode a little and don't use it day in and day out and LEARN it, then you could be forgiven for thinking that MS Tools are miles ahead. But I used MS Tools - everything from eMbedded Visual C++ to Visual Studio 2008 full time for 10 years. I've worked with the WP7 toolset. Its not much better. XCode 4 is miles ahead, but then I've taken the time to learn it.
Get a developer account and go look at the Lion SDK notes. Its not like Apple would put that kind of stuff on the user-focused home page..
I find it funny that he calls you that name, yet I think he fits the definition of it by his actions, by his talking about it on a public forum, and by his ignorance.