or Connect

Posts by Akac

So you know that the CPU in the first iPad is powerful enough to push that many pixels without stuttering?
Exactly. He earns it. Who cares how much money Steve has? He's spent decades building companies and building jobs for tens of thousands of people. He deserves every penny. This isn't the "fat cats" era people seem to keep dredging up from the 1900s.
So you're complaining about a beta not being finished? File a bug report about the beta.
If its urgent, call Microsoft. Google it. Asking doesn't hurt, but my experience is that when in an emergency I rarely get the help within the time period I need without paying or calling the vendor.
Pocket Informant on iOS will let you do these things except the conference call numbers. Map will even give you locations of all events on that day.
Because its not just Rosetta. Rosetta is just a translator for code. Apple would have to compile and test a PowerPC version of ALL the OS libraries. People think its just including some minor bit of code to make Rosetta work. Its not. Its Apple having to literally make two versions of its OS and test them. Most of that code will probably work just fine as its high level C, but some of it is assembly. And testing is where the real time sink is.
They have been available for years...as long as you had Final Cut of some kind.
Geofencing is in iOS 4. And the API does allow you to set the radius. Some apps already use this. Reminders in iOS 5 is not really new except that its now part of the OS, but its using feature from iOS 4. Nothing new for iOS 5.
Pocket Informant on the App Store - has had location aware task contexts for awhile now. You set a context to a location, and PI will alert you when you are near there if that context has any tasks in it. Its a little different than Reminders in that each task doesn't have a location - its a group of tasks. And you can get alerted when you get around that area, not when you leave. But those things are coming later anyway. Just saying - this isn't all new. Apple's...
Because its against the legal document the developer signed. that's why.