or Connect

Posts by Akac

Then I'm afraid you'll be sorely disappointed. Honeycomb's web browsing experience is a poor clone of Safari's. Not only does it feel slower, but it doesn't work that well. So if you'll be spending your time mostly in Chrome...I'm sorry.
Not to be the NDA thrower-arounder ... but Lion is a Dev preview. Shouldn't you be talking about it only on the Dev Forums?
Funny, I hit PDFs and web content that could certainly use a dual core CPU on my phone. Even on my iPhone 4 I hit lots of content that becomes almost so slow as to drive me to get up, walk across the room to my desktop! Isn't that insane? (I'm being funny and serious at the same time).
Guys - its $539 with a contract. $799 without a contract. iPad has no contract...
Here is the deal. We don't know what Amazon will do. We don't know what Apple will do. One major problem is the rule as written is too vague. My big issue is that we're even having to talk about this. It hurts Apple. Do you know how many people now think less of Apple? That hurts their sales. If that happens, it hurts me both as a user and developer. That's my beef with the whole shoddy mess.
Yes, I rarely ever read a book on my iPhone. But I do on my iPad. I hate reading on my Mac. In fact nobody I know uses desktop reading software - they all use the iPad or Kindle devices.
OK I think you're wrong. I think Menno is right and I'm about as pro-Apple as you can get. Even Matt Drance, a complete Apple cheerleader (used to work there (so did I)) thinks this is not good.http://www.appleoutsider.com/2011/02/22/omgiapbbq/ Common sense says that MOST Kindle purchases would happen through IAP and Amazon would lose money on each one. Volume just means higher costs, not greater profit. Basic business 101.
Its directly hurtful to the users because Kindle is the best book store on the planet right now. They have the most books. I can move between desktop and device and sync my settings. Their notes are 10x better. Their highlighting, etc.. iBooks is crap. So users's get hurt. RIght now Apple is the buggy whip manufacturer since they have the inferior book store, trying to hurt the company that can beat them in music and books.
Actually it'd be to the benefit of the publishers, not Amazon. Amazon is there to make money. They won't make money on iOS devices.
Then why is it that EVERY Android user drools over what I can do on my iPhone? Why is that the apps on Android are all lower quality, less feature-rich, than on iOS? Sure there are things you can do on Android you can't on iOS, but pretty much only the 2-3% of geeks use those and as such they do not count towards market realities.