or Connect

Posts by plovell

Interestingly, the iOS app "NavClock" (free) gives a reasonably accurate estimate of height, using GPS. the accuracy is typically 30' or so when you start but gets down to 9' or so after a short while. That should be enough to determine which floor in a multistory garage. I wonder if a Bluetooth connection to the car is able to access the car's GPS (assuming it has one, as mine does). That could be even better, with a bigger antenna.
I think you're interpreting the chart as sales-per-store. I don't think it is that, but total sales of same-store. that is, excluding new stores in their first year. That seems to be a weird way to do it but I think that's what it is.
Of course, for any car that pairs with a phone via Bluetooth, there's a very simple and reliable way to know when the car is parked. No need for fancy algorithms  -  just monitor when the Bluetooth signal from the car fades out.   I am amazed that Apple has not does this already.
You can use a TrackR button for exactly this purpose. It uses Bluetooth LE so the battery will last a year. When your iPhone goes out of range it remembers where it last "saw" the button - and that's your car's location. Of course, this still requires some reasonable GPS capability, so it's not so good for the canyon-buildings etc. But it's something you can do today. I have also seems ads for "Tile" and they seem to be similar. I have no relation to TrackR other than...
Sprint's best plan would be to dump CDMA and switch everything to GSM/LTE. That would be hard, but possible. 
Are you likely to buy a phone without seeing it turned on? But I guess you could use it as a paperweight.
Why? Even if they power it off, they can't wipe and re-activate it. There's really no benefit to preventing power-off.
Sometimes contracts have provisions that terminate the contract in the case of an acquisition.  For example, since this is Microsoft licensing stuff to Samsung, it would not be surprising to find a provision that would terminate the contract if Samsung was acquired by someone else. But it would be most uncommon for MS's contract to have a provision that caused termination if MS were acquired. Mainly because that would mean that the contract could not be regarded as a asset...
Microsoft has some patents that it claims are infringed by Android. So far, all the Android folks have licensed the patents rather than fight MS in court. We don't know what the patents cover, since the contracts have provisions that prevent the licensees from disclosing them (NDA of some sort).
Maybe now we'll find out just what Microsoft's "Android" patents cover. That would be good.