or Connect

Posts by plovell

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know the answer to that. But WalMart does work hard to have a supplier become dependent upon it, and then squeeze that supplier to the wall and maybe out of business. That's just their way of getting "Low prices, Every day". Some people benefit, many do not. Personally, I would be OK with paying a little more for things that were made in the U.S. because that provides jobs to people in our communities. Which means that they're not on Food Stamps...
 Oh dear. Yes, Amazon is leading online retail. As it has done for some time. But there's no explanation for how investors are to see any benefit. There is no dividend and no-one has ever promised one.  Even after this drop, the price-to-earnings ratio is more than FIVE HUNDRED !  That means that, assuming that dividends will eventually be distributed, it will take a long, long time to see much benefit. And if Amazon seriously jacks their prices - as they might do - then...
I use the Apple Wireless keyboard with my iPad (standard size) and find it works well for text-y things. I don't do that all that often but when I do, I like it.
At this pagehttps://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp which says ... Now you can stream live, out-of-market NFL games on your favorite device without a DIRECTV satellite TV subscription if you live in a select apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available, attend one of these universities, or live in one of the following metro areas: New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco. Check your eligibility.
NYC, Phila and SF ONLY !!   Oh, and some colleges.   Everyone else - you're SOL.   What a dumb move. Raising everyones hopes and then dashing them. I hope they get some serious blowback about this.
There's another reason as well. As Alan Kay said, "People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware". For the PC era this was simple. IBM had designed the hardware and it was more-or-less standardized. But there was no such standard-setter in the early days of mobile. Nor was there a common vision of what the devices would do, aside from make phone calls, whereas the IBM PC already did - thanks to the experimentation of the 70's when hundreds of...
Maybe Microsoft would like to revisit this ??    
These guys are just in their own echo chamber. But that's what we have been used to for some time - much heat, little light. It would be better if they'd described their detailed, rational analysis.
It will be interesting to see Apple's results in a couple of weeks, especially given recent profit warning from Samsung. Having lots of market share may be good but not making much money is bad. That's Samsung's conundrum today - their flagship Galaxy S5 has not sold all that well (starting out with a two-for-one deal at some carriers). My guess is that iPhone 5s, and even the "failed" 5c, will show impressive numbers.   The story for this current quarter (Q3, Apple's...
These ads have an impact, unfortunately. I am reminded of a comment from a Professor, long ago ... "Proof by repeated assertion". That's Samsung!