or Connect

Posts by plovell

Serious OOPS in the article.   The deadline is July 30. Next Monday is June 30.   The Commission will decide by the end of NEXT month, not THIS month (this month being "June").
No it won't. The encryption in question is between servers. Google has access to the unencrypted copy of gmail, obviously. On its own gmail servers it can scan and insert ads all it wants to.
Cloud Player doesn't play what Amazon announced today. It only does what I have purchased from Amazon, and what I have locally.  If there's an update then it's not yet available though the app (I checked). Amazon's site says that it is available for Macs (and Windows etc) but does not explain how. [just went back and checked again] Hhmm. Amazon auto-updated "Amazon Cloud Player" to "Amazon Music" even though I had not requested auto-updtae. Bad bad.
Bingo. This is why I'm puzzled about iTunes Radio for mobile (I listen to it a lot, but at home). You'll use 1 GB in ten hours which, with a one-hour commute (each way) is one week. So 4 GB in a month. Data plans are pricey for that much. What would make this better (since I have a 64GB iPhone with lots of music) is "iTunes Genius Radio". This would use the "radio" logic to select what to play -- from the library on my iPhone. It would use a bit of data but not much since...
There are lots of "radio" stations available through iTunes. It used to be called "radio" but that switched when iTunes Radio came along. Now it's labeled "Internet".   Lots of stations from U.S. and elsewhere.
Same kind of foolery happens within the U.S. as well. That's why all of Microsoft's software sales are "recognized" in Nevada -- no tax. Apple might do the same - I don't know.
No update yet for iTunes Match. Grrr. The space available for music is way too small.
Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate that there isn't a way to increase the limit. This actually is quite a pain, and largely because of secondary effects. I don't really need iTunes Match for its music-in-the-cloud ability although that is sometimes useful. My reason for it is so that iTunes Radio is ad-free. But once you exceed the 25K limit, new music doesn't upload. OK. But if you try to edit info for any of it there are nag-alerts telling you that they haven't...
Will the 5 GB work for iTunes Match as well? The current limit is a real pain.
>solicitations other than politicians campaigning. >Apparently they are not restricted by Do Not Call for some reason Because they exempted themselves from the law. because they can.