or Connect

Posts by plovell

A new crowd of wall-huggers. Too funny for words !
 Yep - you don't know what to say.
 Apple will probably be more than a little unhappy about this. 
 The reports I have seen suggest three things:1. the fee is lower - merchants will love that2. Apple gets to keep a piece of that fee, and assumes some of the fraud risk3. card-present and not-present (i.e. on-line) transactions have the same fee, not different (as happens today) Merchants in the U.S. do not check signatures (when I recently used my U.S. card in England and Germany - it worked OK and the merchants checked every time). And so there's fraud but the fee is...
Apple will not be a bank but might well buy one. That way the bank gets regulated but Apple does not.   The important thing to remember is that banking is not Apple's business, and the banking business can be treacherous (you can ask GE about that). Apple would probably prefer not to do banking, but will do it if it's the only way to get where they want to be.    With regard to Apple getting a better deal but accepting part of the risk - my guess is that Apple would...
I've been predicting this for weeks - naysayers be damned.   Apple has security on the transaction so can argue for a lower transaction fee with the banks and card issuers. And then will probably provide - or maybe insist upon - an indemnity against fraud. The reason for insisting is that Apple can afford to - it'll be free (or almost so).    But Samsung, on the other hand, will try to follow Apple. But while they have copied the look of iPhone, they haven't copied the...
 @Bore: you should focus on the "essence", and you have not so far. The essence is that Apple's security on the iPhone and access to protected information on iPhone is second to none. The hoopla is that some peoples' accounts seem to have been compromised because of shortcomings with password/security-questions (which are industry standard). Why were they hacked? Purely because their personal info (photos etc) are valuable, unlike yours and mine.  And I suspect that some...
News about today says that Apple has negotiated deals with card issuers and banks for favorable terms for its yet-to-be-announced payment system. No surprise. And also that Apple will get to keep "a piece of the action". Also - no surprise.   What I expect is that Apple will offer to, or perhaps, insist on indemnifying the issuers/banks against fraud. Why would Apple do this? Because it will put Samsung is a very, very bad place. Sam is trying to copy Apple and so far it...
Interestingly, the iOS app "NavClock" (free) gives a reasonably accurate estimate of height, using GPS. the accuracy is typically 30' or so when you start but gets down to 9' or so after a short while. That should be enough to determine which floor in a multistory garage. I wonder if a Bluetooth connection to the car is able to access the car's GPS (assuming it has one, as mine does). That could be even better, with a bigger antenna.
I think you're interpreting the chart as sales-per-store. I don't think it is that, but total sales of same-store. that is, excluding new stores in their first year. That seems to be a weird way to do it but I think that's what it is.