or Connect

Posts by plovell

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the transaction doesn't go to Apple. Here's why:- your iPhone converses via NFC with the merchant's terminal, and the transaction then goes to the appropriate card issuer (Visa, MC, AmEx, etc). They don't route it through Apple, but directly from their back-office system, or whatever. You are correct that the signup process goes via Apple, or at least seems to (how else does your iPhone know where/how to send the signup?). Maybe Apple handles...
Not with El Capitan, but it is correct for Yosemite.
I guess you haven't yet been hit up for the transaction fee for withdrawing cash. Many banks do at ATMs, of course, but some also do even at the teller window.
Actually, the retailer with chip+PIN has more information than is the case with AP. With AP, they don't get your actual card number, for example, which is one of the merchant gripes that CurrentC is supposed to address (although poorly).
The signup stuff is handled by, or perhaps "through", Apple's servers. The actual process is done by the card issuer (Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, etc) For actual payment I believe that the transaction goes directly to the issuer. Apple does not get the purchase transaction.
And there are only four of them. A right-royal cartel.
These are questions that I cannot answer for you. And whatever restrictions there are not mine, but Apple's. You must discuss those issues and your own app/content/licensing model with your developer support folks. With regard to your question about Spotify, I can see how they would argue that the same rate should apply to their content (licensed from third parties, etc) as is the case for the Apple TV streaming content. I don't know whether or not they'll be successful...
I'm not sure if it will work for your app as this seems to be directed towards cost of content. Here's the reference I foundhttp://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/13/apple-15-percent-cut-apple-tv-apps/ If this is OK for Apple TV content then why not for streaming music ?
I guess it can't, and it won't. And I hope that it doesn't come at all. I believe that it will certainly change and hopefully for the better because the previous century was a bad one for Europe ( and others, of course). I did not study American history at school and that is a blessing in some ways because it means that I can now look at the history of the revolutionary times without a preconceived mindset. It has been fascinating to read "The Quartet" by Joseph Ellis and...
 I disagree with you with respect to repeating subscription stuff. For apps etc you're right - Apple does indeed deserve that revenue. But for subscription content such as magazines, newspapers, music and videos, I believe that the situation is different. Apple has already changed the rates for some things (I forget which) to 15% - for exactly this reason. And it's possible to buy the subscription externally (website or whatever) so Apple is not imposing apple-store-only...