or Connect

Posts by plovell

True. The FCC seems to have been very good with keeping details secure - to its considerable credit. My understanding was that that, as well as the closed-lab testing, there was also a lot of necessarily-outside testing that had to be done (not sure if that was carrier-only or carrier+FCC). Whatever the reason, I don't see a similar scenario with Apple TV. This story seems to me more like a click-seeker.
The months-long gap does make this rumor really suspect. And the reason that there was a long gap in the case of the iPhone launch doesn't hold up. That was primarily because a lot of testing was necessary for FCC certification, and carrier performance tuning. Apple believed (correctly it would seem) that it would be impossible to keep iPhone secret with that much outside exposure with so many people. So it was announced five months before availability. I can't see any...
Too little improvement over iWork for the too much money I expect MS to charge. Oh, and too late, too. I think that MS has now figured out that Windows is not the future of Microsoft. And important part, certainly, but it's not the "big deal". Office could have been that but MS spent too long protecting Windows and now too many people have moved on.
>" ... the Wall Street Journal is probably the most respected newspaper in the world ..." That was then. It's under new ownership now. The rules changed.
Rather than have turkeys install these things at exorbitant cost, just specify the cable you want and where it is to run. Have them terminate it in boxes (probably required for code in your area). Then add the devices you need. And have them run some empty pipe (1 1/2" plumbing pipe works well) with cord through it so you can add more stuff later.
Article says ..."The service is free, but requires setting up an iCloud account and locking the device with a passcode" but Apple's info pages don't mention the passcode thing. They do say that activating "Lost mode" for a phone allows you to set a passcode that's needed to unlock it, but that's a different thing. Does anyone know whether a regular passcode (or TouchID on iPhone 5s) is required to be turned on for Activation Lock to be effective?
Unlocked - me too. I know T-Mobile gets unlocked after 41 days (if you ask) but I'm traveling in 2 weeks. I guess I'll have to stay with the 5
Cube was not around for long but I believe that it was more than twelve months. It was too expensive, though. Almost the same price as the standup G4.
@gqb: very similar to my situation. So a year ago I bought iPhone 5 unlocked and use it with Consumer Cellular, an AT&T MVNO. Only $45 for low usage. I had tried T-Mobile but their coverage wasn't good in this area (don't know if that may have changed).
"It is a corporation's duty to generate as much value for shareholders ..." That is only one of several. And I'm not of the opinion that it necessarily is the most important.