or Connect

Posts by plovell

Please remember that the cables use public property to go from place to place. Verizon, AT&T and their friends got permission to run their cables using the benefits of Title II (and various similar rules and regulation on utilities). So the public does have an interest. The cables are not 100% private.
Source, please. Without a reliable one, I'm calling "bogus" on this.
I find it interesting that some very new cards no longer have the numbers embossed on the face. So you can't use them with the old-style "clomper" machines that take a physical impression. The number is etched on the back and that's it. 
There is an interesting backstory to this, of which I was unaware until recently. Back in the Dark Ages when credit cards were starting to become common, they were primarily a "U.S. thing". Not entirely, but mostly. About the only cards in Europe were the "travel cards" such as American Express. They were in a somewhat different category and accepted primarily at hotels, high-end restaurants, car rental firms, airlines and similar places. Meanwhile in the U.S. people were...
 My guess - only a guess - is that the answer is "yes, but..." The "yes" is that the iPhone 6 has the necessary hardware. The "but" is that Apple does not yet allow third-party access to the NFC capability.
I may well be wrong here (corrections welcome) but my understanding is that the requirement is just for EMV, i.e. chip-cards in a slot or reader of some sort. I don't think that contactless is mandatory - although many POS system updates are including it.
I saw recently an article describing how some attacks are being done now using proxy-pass-through. This would probably work against AppStore also.
That would be a stretch, but I guess not impossible. But only if they were "independent contractors" to start with. On the other hand, if they were actual employees of GTAT then - no way. You could argue that GTAT was not independent (I wouldn't) but not that the employees were functionally employees of another company - by virtue of the "independent contractor" rules.
The enterprise certificate modifies the trust model (i.e. it says to trust certain stuff that is not directly from Apple). So the no-jailbreak protection is compromised somewhat in this environment. 
Possible but not probable. The investigation is related to the CEO and COO and not the company and its overall operation (at least, as far as I've heard). So the bankruptcy process will probably continue without any major interruption.