or Connect

Posts by plovell

Finished at $133.00. Close to $1000 in pre-split numbers !! That would be at $142.86. Less than ten to go !!
 Well, by that I assume mean groups that not only profess to be Christian but which also behave in a Christ-like way. There are very few which could even approach that standard. BTW - you'll need to get the Constitutional amendment passed for any of this to be a consideration.
Quite right - the future is 95% or more, and it will be here in October.  I am convinced that Samsung's acquisition is not just for the magnetic technology, but for some other capability it has. The straightforward magnetic approach, using the actual credit card number (Primary Account Number - PAN), is dead come October. But it could work if Samsung does tokenization - maybe. The NFC approach is way better because it allows for a richer, bidirectional data...
Well, Apple did a bit more than that. But you're right - the heart of the Apple Pay is the tokenization standard. That's the key part. It was developed by EMV (EuroPay/MasterCard/Visa) and is available to anyone. So anyone is able to implement tokenization. As long as they can get the EMV issuers to issue tokens :)
It does. It mimics the magnetic strip being pulled through the slot. So to the reader it looks exactly like a swipe transaction. As others have said, this goes extinct next October.
iTunes Match is not "flawless". Far from it.   My library has over 25,000 songs and, once you hit that limit, you're screwed. Nothing really works again. You can't increase it by "buying more". You can't manage what's stored in "the cloud".    Once you hit that limit - game over.   On the other hand, for the same $25, Google will store 250,000 songs.   Apple is doing some serious "footgun" here by being stingy, and all the while sitting on a huge pile of cash....
True - he accepts the choices (made by politicians and the populace) about spending, and highlights the mismatch.  At the time, in 2010, it was about as bad as it could be ($1.5T) with bailouts and fiscal stimulus and all. It's a lot lower now, about a third of that, I think. This is the part where you lost me. The population in the U.S. is still growing at a reasonable rate, unlike that of other countries. It's true that there's a "boom" from the post-war years but I...
Perhaps you forget that Greenspan was Chairman of the Fed at that time he made his original comments. You should read the whole article. His opinion is more than an opinion. It was hugely influential. Maybe read these also ...Does Anyone Still Remember Why We Have The Bush Tax Cuts?http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2011/07/12/does-anyone-still-remember-why-we-have-the-bush-tax-cuts/ "As things turned out, the surplus that gave life to the initial Bush tax cuts had all...
While this is true, it is only one part of the story. If revenue is fixed, the problem is spending. If spending is fixed, the problem is revenue. The crux of the issue is that "the problem" is when spending AND revenue are too far out of line with one another. It's neither SOLELY spending nor SOLELY revenue. We can discuss which should change, or both, and by how much. But to assert that spending is the problem is oversimplifying the issue.
 Try this ... Greenspan Calls for Repeal of All the Bush Tax Cutshttp://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/07/business/economy/07greenspan.html A choice quote..."While Mr. Greenspan did not endorse a specific approach, his broad support for the tax cuts nearly a decade ago was pivotal in securing one of the Bush administration’s top domestic policy goals and in providing political cover for members of Congress.Now, in response to accusations of political expediency, Mr. Greenspan...