or Connect

Posts by plovell

You are right. It will be the year of the goat. The open question is which will be the goat: Tim or quinney
As I see it, Apple took a while to shake out the bugs. Doing that in the U.S. makes a lot of sense (known territory, close contact, same time zone, etc). Now is the time that international rollouts are starting.  I was not surprised to see UK high on the list. But the brain-dead bankers there may have done you a favour by pushing back on the basis that "Apple gets too much customer information". Maybe zombies are running banking in UK now ?? If this insanity remains in...
Being in Canada for a week skiing, I have tried to use Apple Pay at a couple of places.   So far with zero success ( and these are for cards I've used with AP in U.S.)   Even at a checkout that had PayPass/paywave. And that accepted a physical card waved at it.   Maybe Canadian Tire wants to slow down their checkout process ??
I guess you're new. Microsoft has a regular schedule for releasing patches, other than OMFG panic things. This was a Great Blessing for sysadmins the world over. Please Google "Patch Tuesday". 
You'll get a real one if your problem is live and interesting. But Mag suggests that he can do it to order. I agree - ain't gonna happen.
Maybe. But easier said than done. Some fixes have nasty dependencies that show up in testing. Other fix a problem but break other stuff. Ninety days is not an unreasonable target but it is an unreasonable deadline. Google is being really stupid here. Before long someone is sure to file suit saying that they were hacked because of a Google-announced vulnerability that was previously unexploited. 
I guess it would not "be cool" for Samsung to ask Apple if they could buy some A-series chips that they (Samsung) make.
The interesting question is whether the Ericsson patents are standards-essential, or not. If they are then FRAND terms will apply. And the Court will look at similar licensing deals in order to decide on an appropriate rate. The same consideration would apply to Qualcomm. They could try for a high rate but there's no certainty that they'd get it.
Ben: the point is my comment is exactly that Apple CANNOT do that, as things now stand.  For example, you work in OS X for a while creating come documents. Let's assume "Pages" for sake of simplicity. Then you reboot to iOS (seriously - this will require a reboot) to work as an iPad. But wait - my docs are gone !! I can't find them !!  Actually they are still there - it's just that you can't access them. And similarly when you switch back from iOS to OS X-mode. Your iOS...
I hadn't seen that. It could be very interesting. Thanks.