or Connect

Posts by oomu

"Other services, like Google's Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft's Outlook, are not known to have such measures in place. " WHAT ?
" The fact that (some) shareholders and others want to change Apple from what has made them successful to other business model that havs failed or is failing? Yes, I agree, how arrogant! " YES, it's exactly that. Apple has a specific model, a specific vision, and it's why they can produce the kind of device (and software) they do. If we force a change of their business, to do cheap commodized hardware and software stuff like everyone, the company, as before (end...
I hope Apple will never change their business inherited from Steve Jobs in end of 90s. (of course, to adapt to new technologies, new tools and a new world) Basically : to be a company doing only the best computing device the technology and business allows. - there are others companies for any kind of others needs. But we need, at least, ONE Apple. at least ONE. Let Apple be Apple.
"1. Get Eddy Cue to improve Maps and make it the default on Mac OS X and iOS devices." it is the default on ios. and I could say, Os X too, with iPhoto for example (and the fact, never Os X had a "default" maps choice) "2. Get William Stasior to integrate an advanced search engine and advertising into SIRI and make it the default search in OS X and iOS devices." hu what ? mayyyybe.. even if I love siri, there is no reason I should do all my search by speaking. "Time...
"I wonder if this would push MS so far as to pull their Office apps from iOS completely?" there is no office apps for ios for now. - "I just hope Microsoft doesn't try to get some vengeance on the mac-side of things." Microsoft is soon free of their partnership with Apple for Office on Mac. They may decide to renew it or to stop, we don't know.
"Any sign of multi-user log-in coming to iOS?" in a .x version ? of course not. and I hope never and to forget that all complexity ! - When some people speak about how much to go back to folder (or newstand) is usability nightmare, I _DO_ hope we will see NEVER the coming back of "multi user" complexity.
I don't want a "cosmetic redesign" of the case just because some geeks are bored...   the macpro already has a GREAT case : beautiful, solid, easy to tweak inside, good air cooling, good alimentation.   But if you tell me about an internal redesign, with new features,for example hot plug ssd+hd units, more connectors, and better ideas to improve my workflow and expandability, of course I buy that.   I don't care about a redesign just for the novelty sake,...
"proprietary chip designs" Intel chips are proprietaries too.
I like ical leather and yellow notes. I will be sad if EVERY art is removed from Os X and iOS. gradient is UGLY , metro is boring !
there is a LOT of development around ARM.   x86/ia64 intel is stagnating .  Intel is only one company,  but ARM processors are made and designed by more than 20s companies. it's that huge. of course, we will see fast progress here, no more on x86/ia64 intel.