or Connect

Posts by oomu

I fully agree (for years in fact) with your comment. In France, it's obvious what happens now it's the same what happened in the US. : the apple store allows Apple to create a viable space for Mac. FNAC (computer/music/book shops) and others (auchan, darty...) was detrimental for macintosh computers : they provided bad services or even sometimes false information. PC was easier for them to sell, why they should learn stuff about mac ? just sell generic cheap pc. Apple...
pure romance. You don't speak about the Mac or what people are doing with them. You speak only about you and your weird fears. Computers are no more for geeks. It's like that since 15 years. Geeks can still use them. Lion has many excellent feature to improve works and to help people (versioning is a GREAT feature) - By the way, the Dock is fine, don't dare to touch it.
What a sexist guy ! Your comment make me so angry I will go all crazy for the white iPhone just to fuck your mind. For the record, white iPad it's what I have and all people can fill devices with photos, apps and everything, not only you, sexist guy...
He loves the industry and facts, so yes, he reads a lot.
Apple already complained of HTC Google don't make money from android neither they do products for customers with it. Google is not concerned by patent here.
some screenshot showing the evolution of os x: http://www.aventure-apple.com/logiciels/evolx.html I still think Aqua was gorgeous at the time. Now, I love the refinement in Lion, it's true Lion make the content stand out beautifully (Preview app for example), but I miss some colors, for example, the purple help button was great : it was not possible to miss it. in fact, Apple shouldn't be afraid to use colors in specific place, to communicate meanings. I...
Don't Forget the pc market was an artificial duopoly after IBM cemented Microsoft DOS in all pc by default. You cannot compete against windows (thanks to the tremendous place dos had) - Apple couldn't sell the Mac in a mono-cultural market. So what ? Apple took the move to make that possible. others would have sell the computer activity. Not apple, apple wants to _create_ computers and computing devices. So apple did iTunes, a good musical device for mac,...
no. it was quite vocal in why he doesn't need it and why the linux project will not switch. nothing to do a fuss. beside, the point is : the reason you gave here about why Apple would give up samba cannot be the good one. there are surely a reason, of course, but it's not the one people told here.
NO you are WRONG ! you commentators are wrong about gpl2/3 about the reasons you think it's explaining why apple remove samba you are wrong : GPL 3 ask the same thing than GPL 2. it just has new provision to protect the goal of GPL 2 in remote web services (it was a way to circuvment the GPL 2 : put the modified source code behind a web interface and "voilÃ*" : no need to distribute a binary and then to provide the source code to users !" but for pratical use...
Apple is on the right track to give tools to stop worrying about geeky stuff. People don't want to micro-manage their apps. People hate to think about saving and all Geeks have to accept computers are tools, not the end. - All your point are moot : you can keep one version, you can lock, you can still create just the one version of your will. But you seem to not imagine the actual mess files are for people. I saw terrible things with thousands of documents...