or Connect

Posts by ericvet8b

Working here in UK, Doncaster, very well.
Will it work well around the globe, and this 3D view too, or only mainly the USA? Europe?? The same about traffic info... :)
It sounds great!!  But I assume this will only work in the USA, not in UK any time soon... And with the current economic climate, I doubt many stores will update their scanners, etc... so this works. When is support for UK expected???
Thanks. It has got 125Gb free space and I did a clean up, etc... a year ago or so... Yes, although I don't know much about the highly technical side of computing, with what I have heard and read about the new Intel IB processors, it is for graphics and lower consumption... A new Macbook might be out in April (they will benefit more of this new kind of processors than iMacs) but no necessarily it is going to happen the same, at the same time with the iMacs.... Thanks a lot...
Hi Hmm, Thanks for your input... It probably starts, shuts down and opens applications pretty much as fast as before... Probably a second or so slower, depending on the application, but not too bad... It has got 2Gb RAM (updated from 1GB to 2GB in 2008). HDD is 250Gb. The main concerns that I have got and reasons for considering upgrading to a newer one are: 1- I have got Snow Leopard, which is great, but I can't update to Lion as it has only got Intel Dual Core (its early...
Hi, Sorry to break the line of this Thread a bit. Is Ivy Bridge processors are really going to bring any obvious or major improvements, on the iMac platform when compared to the i7 that iMacs have now? \ Sorry, but I'm not very savvy regarding all the technical bits and bobs about this things... Not sure what 22nm means, if that's good or not, etc... I'm considering buying a new iMac 21.5" with i7 processor and 8Gb RAM, that will last me for a few years (not really...
Hi, I have considering updating my 2006 single core iMac 20" for a new 21.5" with Intel QuadCore i7, 8Gb memory, etc.... But I wondered if I should wait a couple of months for a new update/refresh if there is one likely to be coming up... (I probably can't wait until the summer though...). Is it more likely to be at the same time as the Mountain Lion OS? (I guess if I go for a top of the range one, it should last many years and future OS updates will work OK, won't...
Yes please, put in online as I am in the UK and it is a bit far to go to a cinema in Palo Alto... Cheers
I really hope so, as I can't upgrade to Lion as got 2006 iMac which otherwise works great, but the hardware does not allow to be upgraded to Lion, unfortunately. It is already support for Windows Vista!!! But not for SL, which is even newer than Vista!! New iPhoto 9.2 works fine on my iMac, but don't have Photo Stream option available, which is a bummer as I can't transfer photos very easily between my DSLR camera and iPad, for example.... (only the old fashion way of...
I works now!! Left it off, and got back from wor and, no probs. Photo stream, etc works great!!