or Connect

Posts by stonefingers

Really? Is it so absolutely imperative that we maintain our "connected" lives that we can't turn off a damned device (regardless of whether its a tablet or a music device) for the time it takes for an aircraft to get to altitude? I think Sen. McCaskill should work harder on fixing the budget than trying to develop legislation for convenience.
Seeing this, I went and checked my account. Yep - same as the pic in this article, and the date is 2050, however, it says that the plan is 20GB for $40 a year (greyed out, like the disclaimer about downgrading), rather than free, and will be DOWNGRADED to free when the current plan ends in 2050. I hadn't looked at it before, so I don't know if it appeared the same (cost greyed out), but if not, does this mean we're going to start seeing charges? I know some would like to...
Let's see. It's available now for $49.99. Or VMF 3/4 users can upgrade for only...$49.99. WTF?   edit: ah. can upgrade to VM5 Pro for $49.99 (reg $99.99). Meh...
Will it bringing document sync'ing to Windows 7 (and beyond) also? The Windows iCloud Control Panel allows syncing of 'Photo Stream' (as well as calendar items, mail, etc), but no docs. Just curious if this will bridge the document sync gap as well?
all we have to do is make it VM-able and then port iOS X to it. Perfect!
BLUF - Bottom-line upfront. This is old news, there are Android apps available also, and the apps suck by iOS developer standards. Too bad. And also too bad is the fact that this is all AI could apparently find to post as "news".
I got Application Loader last week while I was looking for the firmware update...
Think about the massive outlay ( $$$ ) of licensing for Windows, Office, and of course, the requisite security package (McAfee, etc) for each machine throughout the Federal Government (from the Executive branch through nearly every department, i.e., DoD, State, Treasury, DHS, Energy, Transportation, etc, etc, etc). It seems like a no-brainer to switch to Mac. Then again, it seems like a no-brainer that we should have a balanced budget...
Clearly pointed at "devices" as all documentation uses that word, but still doesn't take into account users with desktop Macs...no sync, at least, no easy, magical, every edit, everywhere, every time sync between the desktop and iCloud. Personally haven't had any problems syncing because I only have one "device", and the only things that sync are contacts and iCal. But to get docs/data from my Mac to my iPad, I'm still using Dropbox.
My personal pain hasn't been with iOS devices (though I've only updated my AppleTV - took around 20 minutes). I updated my oldest iMac to 10.7.2 in about 20 minutes (download total, including iTunes, was a little over 900MB?), but the biggest problem has been with my new iMac - I started the download (little over 800Mb - again...MEG?) and it's taken over 5 hours so far! I've stopped it, restarted it, reset my router, everything I could think of to kick this thing off again...