or Connect

Posts by stonefingers

Clearly pointed at "devices" as all documentation uses that word, but still doesn't take into account users with desktop Macs...no sync, at least, no easy, magical, every edit, everywhere, every time sync between the desktop and iCloud. Personally haven't had any problems syncing because I only have one "device", and the only things that sync are contacts and iCal. But to get docs/data from my Mac to my iPad, I'm still using Dropbox.
My personal pain hasn't been with iOS devices (though I've only updated my AppleTV - took around 20 minutes). I updated my oldest iMac to 10.7.2 in about 20 minutes (download total, including iTunes, was a little over 900MB?), but the biggest problem has been with my new iMac - I started the download (little over 800Mb - again...MEG?) and it's taken over 5 hours so far! I've stopped it, restarted it, reset my router, everything I could think of to kick this thing off again...
If I'm not mistaken, you'll have to pay $29 like the rest of us.
Nah, like someone else already noted, different strokes for different folks. Personally, I find the W8 interface interesting, but I think I would find it annoying to have to dis-engage (for lack of a better description) the tiles/main interface to actually get to the computing components of W8. Not sure how many clicks, swipes, etc, it will take, but for me personally, I can set widgets and things to provide that same info to me immediately if/when I want it and always...
I thought I read somewhere that there may be a minimum CPU requirement for Lion? Something to the effect of nothing less than a Core 2 Duo (vice a Core Duo, which supposedly won't work)? An iMac running Tiger might be right on the edge...my MBP didn't make the cut if memory serves...either way, upgrading that machine to Snow Leopard would still be a nice bump
Okay, so I have a question (sorry if it's been asked and answered previously - I am just too lazy to flip through 70+ threads to see if it's already been asked) - one that has bothered me since the reported advent of iCloud, and now rings even more true given a recent report stating something to the effect that iCloud will store all "purchased" music (and whatever else Apple offers to host). Based on that interesting little revelation, what do iTunes and iCloud do with...
A strategically timed shot over the bough maybe, but considering that new features in Lion having already demo'd (over a year ago?), the merging of iOS and Mac OS in Lion (and we're on the eve of it's release), and though it doesn't "look" like OS X, MS is clearly (again) taking its cue from Apple's iOS/Mac OS integration effort, I'd hardly call this "schooled". Interesting idea, but I don't think it's original at this point, and if it takes them two years to deliver, we...
I disagree simply because this is not a case where a user is searching for and intentionally downloading software. The App Store is great for providing a trust-based location for finding s/w and applications to meet Mac users' needs, and in the case of the iOS devices, it is the ONLY place to find apps. Traditional Mac computers (iMac, MacBooks, Mac Pro, etc), aren't (yet?) locked into the App Store ecosystem (not sure they should be really). MAC Defender and MAC Security...
Looking at the three screen shots of the Security pane, I'm personally more impressed with the middle one (previous Lion interface). Even without the Aqua interface, it seems to have a more polished look and feel, and that (for me) has always been one of the best features of Mac OS (and the most lacking one in almost any version of windows). Also, I'm not a fan of the slightly reduced size of the red/yellow/green buttons - I will have fits with this with older clients (and...
If this has already been pointed out somewhere in the 170+ threads that exist for this article, apologies but, here it is again. Mr. Mundie is spot-on with his view. Don't get me wrong - I love Apple and their products. But his vision makes perfect sense as the natural evolutionary track of the technology. Where are 8-tracks today? The same place the iPad or any other 'smart-device' (tablet or phone) will be as technology matures. Maybe he's using that as an excuse for...