or Connect

Posts by stonefingers

Yes - thanks
I can't imagine why... http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
As a student, I was one that kept all of my books (and still have them). If the McGraw-Hills of the world put a "time limit" on usage of their digital education content, how am I (or you) going to keep those for reference. Bad bad idea from my perspective.
Okay, on the morbid side of the humor spectrum, and possibly the reality spectrum as well, how do you then stop someone from using "Bernie" to access Bernie's computer after Bernie's demise?
Why doesn't Apple release 10.5.7 sometime in the next 24 hours? Sheesh!
Cupertino still has no love for its military customers yet either Canada, so don't feel too alone - we're American! Military or militarily-related customers with an APO/FPO box can order and send through a third-party company (like ShipitAPO or APO Box) but incur additional fees for doing so. Would that be more than outright paying for a new iMac at host-country prices? Probably not, but that isn't the point either!
If they forgot to test their own software, why did they include the option to save under the old format?
This is just a typical business practice. I'm baffled why Apple would pursue it though since they've recently made so much headway into the market, but, it isn't "a bug" and it isn't "an issue". MS Office 2007 files (the "x" files anyway) weren't compatible with any previous Office version. It's a pain in the arse, but not an issue or a bug.