or Connect

Posts by ontheinside

Golden Master! Not Gold Master (old fashioned CD term).
Yep, I wouldn't expect Apple to release a new Mac Pro until the Sandy Bridge-E chips are available. The non-E ones do not compare to the level normally used. To use current non-E Sandy Bridge would be a downgrade. Sandy Bridge-E not due til Q4 as Marvin said.
DVD install is painfully slow. Praise be to the sense to get rid of them.
Aw, I read this headline expecting something new and exciting. They have those screens EVERY year. Author must be a WWDC-virgin.
Why is there a picture of Moscone South? WWDC is at Moscone West. The only point in queing earlier than 7am is to get closer to the front. I've always queued from about 7/7:30 and have been fairly happy where I've been sat. It really makes no difference. I've already seen Steve up close in 2001. Once was enough.
Wonder if Apple is using a version of Cougar Point with SATA 6Gbps. If they are, has it been limited in firmware. Remember they did that a while back? Limited a SATA 3Gbps system to 1.5Gbps and then later released a firmware update to remove the limitation. People might want to fit a 6Gbps SSD. I hope Apple's SSDs for these models have 6Gbps controllers.
Seems it's still too early for USB 3.0. Cougar Point chipset doesn't incorporate it so Apple isn't likely to go out of its way to include it via another chip. Suppose someone could always make a Thunderbolt to USB 3.0 adapter.
Are you just being funny? If not, the extra two pins on a Mac are for power supply. They have nothing to do with data rate capabilities. 4-pin FireWire is just as good as 6-pin FireWire in terms of throughput. Nothing really pansy about them.
Did I misread this article or is it actually calling HSPA+ 4G or phones with HSPA+ 4G?I don't see how or why. Strange comment to make. HSPA+ has nothing to do with 4G.
This is typical MS not knowing its arse from its elbow. Balmer and Gates hate optical discs just like Steve Jobs. They don't like Blu-ray either and want to skip straight to digital copies but here we have the idiots they hire to do advertising for them coming up with something which focuses on a tech the company's official ethos doesn't agree with. They do this time and time again.