or Connect

Posts by ontheinside

I love it when people start talking about something they obviously have no clue about. Core Animation has nothing to do with hardware acceleration of video. It can utilise the GPU but it's for user interface animation. OpenCL also has nothing to do with hardware acceleration of video. This is where a GPU can be used for general purpose processing not graphics or video processing. This article is strange in that they talk about 10.1 as though it's what Steve Jobs...
Apple hasn't been waiting for die shrink. Apple just uses Xeons and nothing new has happened with the Xeon range they use since. Nothing new here. Nothing to do with die size whatsoever. Actually the Nehalem range of Xeons are the first to be literally identical to their Core i7 cousins. Certain models support dual CPU configurations. That's just different microcode. Otherwise they all sit with the same Tylersburg chipset. So it currently isn't true that there is...
Your attack on whoever these people were are unfair. It has always been the case that Apple made upgrade-only discs for previously released systems so it was a fair assumption that they wouldn't make the $29 disc a clean installer. Anyone who applied to the up-to-date programme got a disc like that. It remains to be seen if this time the up-to-daters get the same disc as the $29 one. Another point this article fails to make is that if Apple are saying that the $29 is...
and 10A433 is the GM of Snow Leopard Server. It was released to Apple partners on Monday.
Uh oh... that version.plist file needs to get removed from this article quick-smart before the author looks any more of a fool. It's a pointless file from an application. The important file is: System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist or System/Library/CoreServices/ServerVersion.plist
Is that necessary though? There is no QuickTime X Pro. Why would someone stick with 7 when X is better and fully free?
I think I missed the story where it was revealed that Apple pulled QuickTime X from Snow Leopard. I'm only running 10A421a and QuickTime X is in that. Can we have some comment on why QuickTime X has suddenly been replaced with QuickTime 7.6.x???
That icon appeared a while back. It is NOT new for the GM. Pointless part of this article. It definitely appeared with 10A425. I cannot recall if it was there in the 10A411 as I have erased my memory of obsolete prerelease builds.
Ladies... some of you have got it right... it's 64-bit EFI that's the key thing to enable access to the 64-bit kernel. Here's how you can tell if yours has it by running the following command: ioreg -p IODeviceTree -w0 -l | grep firmware-abi If your result says EFI64 then welcome to the future. The guy who wanted to know about MacBook Pro's... yes indeed some MacBook Pro's do have 64-bit EFI. Also the MacBook4,1 and later also have 64-bit EFI. Originally...
Your AppleCare didn't cover the replacement logic board. This is being covered for any and all affected models regardless of AppleCare status. The replacement logic boards use higher quality bumps thus providing correct heat transfer. It is not the chips that are faulty it is the material used to 'glue' them to the board. The graphics processor test provides an issue validation code with which the technician can cover the financials of the replacement in the Apple Service...