or Connect

Posts by ontheinside

I think I missed the story where it was revealed that Apple pulled QuickTime X from Snow Leopard. I'm only running 10A421a and QuickTime X is in that. Can we have some comment on why QuickTime X has suddenly been replaced with QuickTime 7.6.x???
That icon appeared a while back. It is NOT new for the GM. Pointless part of this article. It definitely appeared with 10A425. I cannot recall if it was there in the 10A411 as I have erased my memory of obsolete prerelease builds.
Ladies... some of you have got it right... it's 64-bit EFI that's the key thing to enable access to the 64-bit kernel. Here's how you can tell if yours has it by running the following command: ioreg -p IODeviceTree -w0 -l | grep firmware-abi If your result says EFI64 then welcome to the future. The guy who wanted to know about MacBook Pro's... yes indeed some MacBook Pro's do have 64-bit EFI. Also the MacBook4,1 and later also have 64-bit EFI. Originally...
Your AppleCare didn't cover the replacement logic board. This is being covered for any and all affected models regardless of AppleCare status. The replacement logic boards use higher quality bumps thus providing correct heat transfer. It is not the chips that are faulty it is the material used to 'glue' them to the board. The graphics processor test provides an issue validation code with which the technician can cover the financials of the replacement in the Apple Service...
I got bluetooth tethering working with iPhone OS 3.0 Beta, but a complete nadda on the USB. The iPhone appears not to have any further config beyond an on-switch for tethering. I thought that iTunes 8.1 or the latest builds of 10.5.7 and 10.6 would contain which ever driver is necessary but nothing happens. Network should be able to detect there is a shiny new USB port to use for networking but I get no action whatsoever. Anyone got this working and knows whatever trick...
The problem occurs on Windows too. would have been funnier if you'd said makes you want to use an iTunes alternative.I have this issue and it really annoys me. PC hooked up to Dolby decoder and Sony HDTV. QuickTime seems to have no clue as to what it should be doing with the AC3 track. Other media players, such as PowerDVD and Nero Showtime, have no issues sending the data to the relevant sound processor. There really isn't an excuse for this not working if everyone can...
Is this an early April Fool's Day joke? Apple is a business. Not a charity. This is standard practice, especially for Apple.