or Connect

Posts by d-range

I wouldn't qualify anything Safari does as 'abysmal', and I actually never had any problems with the performance of the top sites screen, it works great for me. Faster is always better of course, but I think you're exaggerating here. I used to be a real Firefox fanboy before but right now I actually hate having to use it at work. The extensions are great, but rendering speed is worse than Safari, and on Linux it's buggy as hell, I have it crash or hang at least once a...
Gotta love it how OS X updates so often actually add useful stuff or improve performance, as opposed to just plugging holes or fix critical bugs. This is so much better than the typical Windows updates I was used to before. Good job Apple!
Which is exactly why some universal binaries will be a lot bigger, since you'd probably want to use higher resolution bitmaps and textures for the iPad version.
Why? Just because you disagree?Edit:Well, with the first Zune you could 'squirt' songs to other Zunes, not exactly smart marketing either huh? And if the name 'Zune' is so great, how come it's pretty much an epic fail for MS up to now? Not because of the hardware I guess, because that's actually pretty good... My point is: I think you're seriously stretching this whole name thing too far, it's ridiculous, no matter how many people you asked that thought iPad was a bad...
Did you say the same thing when the iPod was announced? Maybe you could check how much 'psychological marketing and branding' affected iPod sales, it's only 1 letter difference you know...Also, remember that while the word 'pad' might bring up associations with sanitary products where you come from, but it sure doesn't where I live. The name iSlate, however, would probably be turned into the dutch equivalent of iSlut, while the name iTablet would be associated with some...
Well, apparently it helps if you were roomies with Bill Gates in college...