or Connect

Posts by Gazoobee

This seems unlikely to me based on descriptions of how the enclave works. Besides which how do you get the hacking software onto the device without physical or admin access? Even then, the enclave will not communicate with anything other than the hardware of the sensor itself, so you'd have to get software on the device that can somehow present itself as a fake hardware sensor and communicate with the enclave. Even then, what you'd get out is a bunch of hashed encrypted...
 The cropping of custom wallpapers is on purpose.  That's how the parallax thingie works.   The only problems I've noticed is that it's noticeably slower overall (both on my iPhone 5 and especially on my iPad mini), and that selecting dynamic wallpapers almost always crashes the control panel but it still works even so.   I'm anxious to get some real point upgrades though, not just bug fixes.  There are lots of parts where they have taken away or broken iOS 6 functionality...
 If you are getting white logo resets there is either something wrong with the hardware or you have a partial install or something.  Think about it.  If this was a typical bug in iOS 7, everyone would be getting the same thing because there are millions of folks on the same hardware.   You should be thinking of what it is that makes yours different. Did you jailbreak it?  Are you using stolen apps?  Did you drop it at some point in the past?  Did you do a janky install?...
 The parallax effect relies on re-sizing the image larger than the current screen size, so it makes sense to me that re-sizing would be turned off when you are using parallax view.  If you installed a wallpaper and set it to parallax view for instance, and then as the last step re-sized it to fit the screen, it wouldn't actually have a parallax effect then, so stopping the user from making this mistake would seem essential.  
 I don't know, maybe they will leave this for a while to encourage people to switch to the fingerprint thing.  It's certainly an obscure, limited sort of thing and hardly a real threat.  It's not like the world will end or iPhones will lose their secure status if it isn't quashed with the very next update. 
 How about a message that informs them that what they are doing is illegal and that they have been reported to the authorities?    I find the feature really confusing the way Apple has implemented it also.  They directly imply that you have to add the number to contacts before it can be blocked, (which is stupid and awkward), then several websites have reported that you don't have to do this, you can block it right form the recent calls list.  But when you do that,...
 Actually Cook is the only one standing "normally" which shows he's a better person than the other two.  Federghi is adopting a classic macho "power stance" which shows he is manipulative and dominating.  Ive is making an elaborate attempt at forced casual-ness, identifying him as manipulative and a "poseur."   Cook on the other hand is just standing relatively normally, but with excellent posture and obvious health.  I'd pick him to talk to any day.  
 I like it a lot too although I hated it at first and only really started to like it after an hour or two of messing around with it.  I'm sure I will like it even more tomorrow.  There are lots of little things about it that I don't like though, mostly areas where they took something away or completely f*cked it up just because of the dogma of iOS 7 design rules.   For instance to make calculator look okay and the buttons bigger and clearer, they took away the memory...
 I should have specified iPad instead of iPhone.  As far as I can tell so far, these apps have been removed form the iPad install.   Apparently the gods at Apple have decreed that we don't use them on this device.  
As someone seeing/using it for the every first time I was quite disappointed and surprised about a few things that none of the extensive articles I read beforehand prepared me for.    1) pulldown notifications is a big ugly black square.  Considering the entire rest of the OS is white and transparent this seems a bizarre choice.  I was led to believe the pullovers were translucent and white.   2) Weather app deleted, no warning, no choice   3) Voice memo app deleted,...