or Connect

Posts by Gazoobee

The App store is completely crapped out for most folks in my neighbourhood at the moment. People are getting update notifications, but no one can connect to get the files.
Ugh.   
 If I want to take a video of a person walking and keep that person in frame, a "portrait" video is the perfect framing for that.  It's good for lots of things.   People should forget about how everything "used to be" and move forward IMO.  When I see a portrait video on a widescreen display and it's awkward, the first thing I think is not "that idiot shouldn't have taken this video in portrait mode," it's ... "why can't I swing my TV around on the wall to watch this...
 It does, but I think he was referring to the fact that the iPad 3 and 4 both got a slightly faster "x" version of whatever was just released for the previous iPhone (5, 5x, 6, 6x).  The iPad mini however, debuted with iPad 2 internals and thus the A5.   I think until we see this second mini, it's a bit of a toss up as to whether Apple sees it as a full fledged iPad (thus presumably getting the 7x if it exists or at least the 7), or whether they see it like the iPhone 5c...
 Why?  People always say this but they never have a reason beyond "looks silly" which isn't a reason at all.   The mini has a huge viewfinder and takes excellent pictures.  To me, the bigger fool is one who won't use a superior product for fear of looking foolish. 
I'm really only interested in whether the mini is going to have fingerprint detection and whether or not it's going to be 64bit.     I also prefer to think of "space grey" as "NeXT grey & black."
I like how everyone is still swallowing the kool-aid (even Dalrymple) and parroting all this stuff about the 5c being "low end" or "budget" or "cheap" etc. when it's simply not at all.  It's as if they are saying all the things they were prepared to say when they thought it was going to be a mid-range device, even though it's turned out to be the same price as their previous "sell last year's phone" strategy.     The iPhone 5c is last years phone in a new dress and it's...
 I get the same error on Safari 6. 
A mixed bag for me so far. The few apps that have updated on my iOS devices are all pretty sketchy and jumpy, no doubt waiting for iOS 7 itself to behave properly. Many updates seem to be coming into my iTunes app (which I no longer sync with), but aren't yet available over the air for the iDevices. Also everything related to Apple that's online seems to be dog slow this evening. Even the Apple TV keeps pausing and failing to find content for 30 seconds at a time. ...
 It comes from iOS 7 of course, but I think the whole idea of a different colour for each primary app is really poorly thought out.  It basically exists only because the alternative would be doing all monochrome for the major apps and they know they'd get a lot more blowback on that.   The problem with doing it this way is that it's arbitrary.  Like you, I can't stand that red colour, I also think the "raw" cobalt blue they have chosen is just vile and such an amateur's...