or Connect

Posts by Gazoobee

I should be clear that I don't believe all this conspiracy BS flying around this thread, but ... If you study your history (I know it's not taught anymore), you would know that your statement is one of the core sentiments of … Fascism.   It's the classic justification for totalitarian states everywhere in the world and throughout history.  It's an anti-democratic statement by definition.  It's also completely illogical and utterly nonsensical, but hey … that's Fascism for...
 This is such an obvious flaw.  It will almost certainly generate huge amounts of user frustration and many complaints.   The type of person they are intending to use the sensor are those that normally don't use authentication in the first place.  So these folks (and I know them well) will put in a passcode to start using the sensor and then immediately forget what it is.   At some point they will leave the phone alone for too long and get locked out.  Then the only way...
 Exactly.  To go from arguably one of the worst interfaces ever, on a non-integrated product, to a "miraculous" (and presumably best) interface on an integrated product in one step is a bit bite to take.   I'm guessing it's actually a minor revision of the hardware that includes some kind of USA only cable integration of *some* cable companies, or it doesn't do anything at all with cable and it's just an announcement that they have a deal with HBO and a few others (in...
Nothing short of a full fledged TV interests me, and if they were doing that we'd have had a lot more rumour from the factories producing it I think.    Any revised box can only be for games (who cares) and/or cable integration which will of course be USA only (quadruple who cares).  
 People keep using words like "spun" and "tilt-a-whirl" when it's hardly appropriate.  They were simply panoramic pictures that you could set as wallpaper like a landscape so that each successive home page used a different section of it.  From what I saw there was nothing "gut wrenching" about it.   I was really looking forward to it and it's a shame they've removed it (if they have).  I had a long landscape of Altair 4 done up all ready for use.  
 I hated that part of the announcement, and it was weird the way they did it too.  Are the apps finally updated?  The icons looked slightly different.   Does that mean anything?  Will we ever know?  Will all the free versions come down to those that install iOS7?  Or do you really have to buy new hardware? If so why not? Also, what about those of us that threw away 50-100 bucks on buying these apps?  Do we get the ones we didn't buy for free or do we have to buy new...
 Typically Apple in how they did it too.  Rudely dropped on zero notice with nothing but a short note in the help file of the website that you have to find yourself.  No warning, no "thanks to our many lovely customers" etc.  If it somehow profited them to drop the iPhone completely tomorrow morning (I know that's extremely unlikely), they would do it no matter what the effect on their customers.  If it meant that they would lose money by taking a day or two to do it...
 Indeed.  They cut through a lot of the crap.   What I'm waiting for pundit-wise is for the shoe to drop on market saturation, market share and "mid-range" products.   Before the announcement there were no shortage of articles, many from very learned sources that talked about how the high-end of the smartphone market was either reaching saturation or already saturated.  They were saying that Apple was making a smart play by going for a more mid-range, or possibly even...
 The iPad mini was arguably a better product than the original overall though.  It is a similar situation in that the mini had "last years" internals, which is probably in part what prompted Apple to think that they might get away with doing that again, but I would argue that the mini sold because it's a better form factor than the original in so many ways.  The iPhone 5c has … colours. I think it will increase sales for a variety of reasons and the fact that they are even...
They finally got the contract to be on the network, but too bad they forgot to bring the "inexpensive" phone they need to succeed in that market.