or Connect

Posts by ulfoaf

I'd love to see BT streaming built in. You can control music decently enough (skip, pause, play) with any BT headphone. The voice technology on the shuffle would work well with that ...not that I've used one. I really don't like wires. Of course, video is a different story.
Exactly! No resting on their laurels. They want to continue to make sure the next portable music player you buy is an iPod. Adding technoloy and features generates a lot of interest.I would like to see iPods shipped with bluetooth streaming capabilities, though. I had to buy an adapter. Once you've done without, you definitely don't want wires!
I'll bet this is a kind of "gentlemen's agreement." If they REALLY wanted someone they would probably break it. I've heard of agreements where a person was not able to work on the same type of products he worked on at the competitor for a time period, like 12 months. They don't want to "trade" employees constantly. This isn't necessarily good for the employee. I am sure there is no legally binding contract saying they cannot hire each other's employees. It wouldn't...
I have heard of agreements like this before. There was one similar between the main oil field services companies. It seemed to fall apart, I don't know if through legal action.
After reading more today, it sounds like the Pre is fooling iTunes into thinking it is an iPod with hardware "signatures", and Apple has gone to some lengths to make sure iTunes only recognizes iPod/iPhone hardware. Apple can easily kill this anytime they want, I'm sure. I'm curious to see if they do. They are certainly under no obligation to support this, that would fall on Palm. This is a bad move on Palm's part since they have NO control over what is likely their...
As I said, this is a tradeoff. We see no signs yet that Apple is officially supporting this. They of course will support customers who buy the iTunes songs to go on their Macs or PCs, but will they support problems syncing or playing on the Pre? No, I don't think so. That will be Palm's responsibility. Of course, someone can use iTunes just to manage their music without buying it. Personally, the ease of using iTunes is so addictive that I quickly quit buying music from...
but this is a dual edged sword. I assume a user would be perfectly capable of buying iTunes songs (new ones with no DRM) through his Mac (or PC?) and playing them on the Pre. That opens up a market for iTunes that does not exist. Would the ability to play iTunes songs drive someone's choice between a Pre and an iPhone? Maybe, but many Sprint customers may not want to go through the hassle of switching, and there are hardcore Palm fans. This opens up iTunes to them.
I don't know about the state of HSDPA elsewhere, have they implemented beyond the 7.2Mb/s ? By the "rest of the world," I assume you mean Europe. The new iPhone will cover these networks unless they are already above 7.2 Mb/s, which you say is essentially useless. Sounds like there is room for improvement in those networks, and they won't challenge the iPhone's new capacities for awhile. There are plans to push beyond 7.2 in 2010/2011 in the US, I believe, still using...
Silly as it sounds, I know ladies who didn't want an iPhone because of the fingerprints gathering on the touch screen.
Impossible to see what you are photographing and push the button .... unless you hold it only by those very, very thin edges! Under the screen makes more sense. But ... This might work if you held it upside down while taking a picture. You'd have to hold it by the edges around the video screen with your thumb and two/three fingers so you could see and push the button with the other hand. Just holding my very small Nokia work cellphone, this seems to be workable. You might...