or Connect

Posts by ulfoaf

What a surprise! Any Mac owner knows this! Don't forget resale value! A 4 year old Mac is still worth something ! Just look at eBay. I risked a mere $160 for a G3 iMac (6 years old at the time) in Oct 06 to try a Mac. I still use it and love it and have an Aluminum MacBook & a new iMac when quad cores come out.
[\\QUOTE] I'd RATHER work for Apple thanks to their integration of hardware and software to make their products better than the rest And no challenge to make a OS that works with limited hardware? You obviously have had no experience at all writing drivers then, have you? The stuff that Apple is doing is amazing BECAUSE it is difficult to integrate hardware and software so well, and even RIM can't do it as well..[/QUOTE] Well said! That is Apple's true strength - an...
Nearly everything I would be interested in remains at $.99. I don't really buy what would be considered "new and popular" music, though. I did see a few older songs, like Etta James "At Last" at a $1.29. Don't buy 'em and the price will come down ....
I have an iPhone and love it, but I don't use it for work. There are some things that people miss for business use, as often been repeated: Searching email cut and paste store and email attachments from the phone 3.0 will take care of the first two, right? How about the ability to attach files? No doubt it is far, far better than a Blackberry for internet access. It you are using web based applications at work, it would be a better choice.
You're gonna get fired... You and a lot of other people have said the video quality is awful, worse than almost any other phone. This is a bit surprising. Fair enough, that's reason to forget about it. Actually, I understand the whole marketing and development process quite well - I'm involved in it in another industry. It is not always technical issues that drive everything - it can be resources, budget, or time to market. I don't think YOU understand responding to the...
Didn't realize you worked for Apple Marketing. I've not seen videos from jailbroken iPhones. Obviously, Apple didn't think it good enough quality, and I suspect that is why it is not there. They want it excellent or not at all. I'm not sure what the "dire consequences" might be, unless people are ruining their jailbroken phones or constantly crashing them - never heard this. Use of battery life should be my choice. I might be disappointed with the quality, and Apple...
And of course there are the folks that say CDs are not as good as vinyl. I can live with out the hiss and pops just fine. Someone could have better ears than mine, but I don't believe there are so many with superhuman hearing out there, either.
Hmm, I guess everyone expects this to be for a new iPhone version, not the iPhone 3G. Pity, since we know it can record. We can hope, though.
I hadn't thought of this being the reason. Some songs are missing. I found them, looked later, but they not were there. Clarence Carter - Strokin' Montego Bay - Bobby Bloom There are some songs that artists just don't want to release for electronic sale. If they think this is going to force people to buy a CD, they are probably wrong. They are missing a lot of easy money!
Your assessment of hardware is fair. Apple hardware is PC hardware since the switch to Intel. The difference is OS X. It means not spending hours getting your machine fixed after OS and virus updates. It means working well with Windows and especially Linux machines on your network. Easily sharing a printer when Windows won't. It means a a leaner OS that runs faster and is more stable with less resources. Running the whole world of X windows and Windows apps side by side...