or Connect

Posts by gear02

I don't know exactly where to put this, so I figure this is appropriate. I just got a new ibook (700Mhz 12 inch) thanks in part to this forum (thanks for your help!). However, I want to play around with the thing and make it look cool. Are there any places I can get skins for the OS, cool scripts, etc.? What cool things can I do with this?
[quote]Originally posted by AllInOne: [qb] 2) I removed OS9 by trashing the system folder and the applications folder. Is that it? Yup. But why? If it don't use it it's not in your way. And you may wish you had it to run applications under Classic.
Are there a lot of applications that don't run in OSX? Oh and one more question. What software out there are PC and MAC compatible and are on the same disk? [ 07-30-2002: Message...
[quote]Originally posted by spotbug: In the "Applications" folder.
Wait...so there's no run menu?
I got my ibook yesterday and I'm soooo happy. The problem is that now I'm lost. Heck, I'm an MCP and I'm lost with OSX. I need your help. 1) How do I move my address book and email from outlook (not express) to, say, mail? I'm getting Office X so should I wait and use Entourage instead? 2) I removed OS9 by trashing the system folder and the applications folder. Is that it? 3) How do I use the unix stuff in OSX? 4) Anything I should definately download? I...
hmm...as long as they don't open one in my state =)
Yup because they have apple stores in every state I think. You have to pay taxes if there is a store in the state you're ordering to. Let's hope amazon doesn't start opening retail stores.
[quote]Originally posted by The Inevitable: I just ordered an iBook 700 12" last night (yay!) for $1690.94 ($1494 +$40 installation fee, once I send-in a couple rebates) from MacWarehouse, which came bundled with a free Epson 820 printer, Kensington SkyRunner nylon carying case, and 128MB RAM ($40 for installation of RAM). Even though I plan to install a 512MB module within the next couple months, I thought that $40 was a decent price to keep from having to use OS...
[quote]Originally posted by Luca Rescigno: If you want to see a full list of retailers and the different promotions they're offering, go to http://www.macprices.com/ibooktracker.shtml for the iBook price tracker. They have the price of the iBook at each place, as well as shipping charges, which states will add tax, and hardware bundles. I would not suggest buying from a place solely because...
[quote]Originally posted by MCQ: 12" is really nice for portability, the 14" is nice, but it adds a lb. and doesn't offer any higher screen res. You'd also save a couple hundred by going with the 12", unless you have to see things bigger for some reason. I'm using the 12" iBook right now and it's great. As far as price, check out Amazon, I think they're offering a flat $100 off notebooks until the end of the week. I don't know how quickly you were planning on...
[quote]Originally posted by poor taylor: Gear: Here's the details on the Up-To-Date program, in writing. http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/ If you need the computer right now it won't hurt anything to get it now, and then get the Jaguar update. But personally I'd just save myself the hassle and $20 if I could wait until August.
Yeah I just found it too. ...