or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

So you honestly believe that an Apple employee is willing to sacrifice his/her job just to give you a scoop on an upcoming product?
This is the old mainframe software model, particularly as practiced by IBM. Firms did not purchase their mainframe software, they rented it. The personal computer ended that. IBM and Adobe have revived it, albeit at lower prices. We might also take note of this: rentals convert software from a technology product to a public utility. Utility companies are not innovation-free but they are among the least innovative companies in business. Think the phone company, power...
There is always a newer higher-specification model coming. However, most new models are evolutionary advances. If a revolutionary Mac is coming, then there will be some anticipation of it. We may not know what the revolutionary new Mac will be, but we will know that it will be. This was the case of the Power Mac G5 and the new black canister Mac Pro. It was also the case of the Intel-based Macs. You appear to be set on a new iMac. iMacs have seen only evolutionary changes...
There are two possible reasons for this:Your Frontier.com POP3 settings on your Mac are incorrect.Mail on your iPad is set to delete messages from the Frontier server.
What various codecs for QuickTime did you use? If you have not done so, then download and install the Perian codec suite.Without access to your specific problematic video, there is no way to know the exact nature of your problem. It may just be that the file is corrupt. If you still cannot handle the video after you install Perian, then you should make it accessible to the members of this forum. One of us should be able to identify and fix your problem if it can be fixed....
Au contraire. There is something about electric vehicles that that bothers certain people at a visceral level. This is a Mac/Apple fan site. Those of us who remember a time before the Mac was based on Intel processors remember the hostility that certain MS-DOS--and later Windows users--held for the Mac.I also frequent a few automobile fan sites. Believe me, the attitudes on display here pretty much mirror the attitudes toward electric vehicles on display at those sites....
Ignoring the facts does not change the facts. The Supercharger network is a convenience that Tesla provides for its customers. A Supercharger recharges your Tesla in 30 minutes and it does so gratis. Absolutely hilarious. If a Supercharger is not convenient to your location, then you may recharge anywhere there is electricity. And if hyou have to pay, then you have to pay. You pay for petroleum fuel. There is no reason that you should pay for electricity. LMAO.Among the...
The statements made in this post vary from alarmism to outright falsehoods.To the contrary, A range of 120 miles is adequate for not just "anyone," it is adequate for the vast majority of people the vast majority of the time. For some reason, I surmise that you meant everyone rather than anyone. Most people will acknowledge that nothing fits the needs of 100% of the people 100% of the time.Petroleum-powered vehicles force compromises. It is unrealistic to expect electric...
Think of hydrogen as an energy storage medium. Hydrogen can be used in an ICE much like compressed natural gas. Several years ago, BMW had a fleet of 7-Series sedans on the road that did just that. However, the consensus is that hydrogen is put to its best use in fuel cells.Opponents of hydrogen go on ad nauseam ad infinitum about the source of electricity used to extract hydrogen from its source. They try to drown-out thoughts about a very important fact about...
With Flash video (.flv) files, the Elmedia Player "just works" on my systems. The only thing that I can think of is that you may not have Adobe's Flash Player Internet Plugin installed on your Mac. Remember what I wrote in my earlier post. Elmedia Player uses your installed Internet Plugins to handle the various and sundry video formats.