or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

"To the man whose only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail." Apple had many design criteria in addition to processor speed. It switched from PPC to Intel because Intel had recently experienced a manufacturing breakthrough that dramatically reduced the heat produced by its processors. By contrast, PPC processors required mated cooling modules. Remember that the Mac community were anxiously awaiting the PowerBook G5. However, a G5-based laptop was impossible to...
I am not aware of any. I never purchased a prior version of the Mac Pro, but I have considered buying one several times. When pricing them, I always felt that they were incredibly expensive. I did did not find them to be unnecessarily expensive, but I did find them to be very much the high-price spread. I see nothing in the prices of the new Mac Pros that place them outside the price spectrum of the older model. Heck, even used Mac Pros are not cheap. As of this writing,...
Amazing. 111,123,124 in English means "hundred eleven million, one hundred twenty-three thousand, one hundred twenty-four." Math is my life. It is inconceivable that you have a legitimate reason to change such a fundamental convention for the expression of numerical values. If you were to open that same set numbers in a text file, then Excel would place each into its own cell. My advice to you is to explain exactly what you are trying to do. Someone here can then help...
iWork documents are actually zipped bundles. It sounds like your Pages document has been corrupted somehow. It could be just one of those things. However, it appears that your OS X's built-in ZIP utility has or had an issue when your document was last saved.
My God, man. New Coke was introduced in 1985, some 29 years ago. I surmise that you were not even born then.
So you think that Motorola's success in the UK impeaches the OP's thesis? In the USA, we have a saying: "That's the exception that proves the rule." Your fixation on the Motorola's success in the UK reminds me of a product introduction in the 1980s. That was the Coca Cola formula change to "New Coke." New Coke was a success in Detroit, Michigan. However, it was a failure everywhere else, its success in Detroit notwithstanding.Motorola's success in the UK must be replicated...
So you honestly believe that an Apple employee is willing to sacrifice his/her job just to give you a scoop on an upcoming product?
This is the old mainframe software model, particularly as practiced by IBM. Firms did not purchase their mainframe software, they rented it. The personal computer ended that. IBM and Adobe have revived it, albeit at lower prices. We might also take note of this: rentals convert software from a technology product to a public utility. Utility companies are not innovation-free but they are among the least innovative companies in business. Think the phone company, power...
There is always a newer higher-specification model coming. However, most new models are evolutionary advances. If a revolutionary Mac is coming, then there will be some anticipation of it. We may not know what the revolutionary new Mac will be, but we will know that it will be. This was the case of the Power Mac G5 and the new black canister Mac Pro. It was also the case of the Intel-based Macs. You appear to be set on a new iMac. iMacs have seen only evolutionary changes...
There are two possible reasons for this:Your Frontier.com POP3 settings on your Mac are incorrect.Mail on your iPad is set to delete messages from the Frontier server.