or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

Your comment has two implications--neither of which are true:Murder and the threat of murder are the norm. We need firearms to protect us from becoming yet another victim. The cow towns of the 19th Century American West are considered to beMy God! I have read and heard bizarre reasons from the gun loving crowd. However, I have never before heard anyone equate fear of being killed or wounded by gunshot with the fear of women voting or seeing men [but not women, apparently]...
Most of this is complete nonsense. I wore my Watch in the doctor's office when his nurse took my pulse and blood pressure. My Watch and the nurse got the exact same result. It is true that the Watch needs to be recharged often. However, often is a relative term. I recharge my Watch while I sleep at night. However, it still has 50%± of its charge remaining when I place it on the charger. I estimate that it will take 40 hours or so deplete the battery. This means that it can...
No, the Founding Fathers enshrined the right of the States to establish well-regulated militias. These were not stupid men. They were intimately familiar with firearms. They knew that firearms were effective when fired in volleys by multiple troops. As a weapon of defense for an individual? A knife, bow and arrow, or even a wooden club was immeasurably more effective.This is pseudo-religious hokum. The original text of the Constitution and its Amendments, including the...
In the immortal words of Maxwell Smart: "Missed it tha-a-at much!" What you are describing were the state militias. Certain states required all able-bodied white men to serve in the militia. The Second Amendment was designed to address the fear that the Federal Government could conscript all able-bodied white men, leaving no one at home to serve in the militia.As Piers Morgan said of Charlie Sheen: "You’re entitled to behave however the hell you like as long as you don’t...
Where in any of your posts is an acknowledgment that the Second Amendment had anything to do with well-regulated militias?Oh, here it is. I apologize. Implicit in your response is an acknowledgment that the Supreme Court in Heller expanded the right protected in the Second Amendment to include owning a gun for personal self-defense.Well the reasoning that it was affirmed to preserve state independence is clearly wrong and the court affirmed that the right is an individual...
Most people who are reasonably informed on the issue of gun rights are familiar with the Heller Case. I most certainly was familiar with it.Most of us will agree that our Founding Fathers were among the most brilliant men ever to lead this Nation. Personal self-defense and hunting for food would seem to be such an obvious reasons to own a weapon that it strains credulity to believe that neither reason to them. The only reason for owning a weapon that our Founding Fathers...
How do you completely ignore the first clause of the Second Amendment?
You have wa-a-a-ay too much free time.
I gather that you have never seen an Apple flat panel display in the wild. This Mac/MacBook Pro/iPhone/iPad/Apple Watch owner sees displays that are second to none. Apple displays in the wild are every bit as good as those pictured in Apple promotional materials.
You can hope, can't you?