or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

That is one data point. If you had ever taken a science or engineering class, then you would know that you cannot infer a trend from a single data point.
Wow! That's thoughtful analysis. My firm is significantly larger than a $10 million enterprise. We don't run it on FileMaker Pro. However, FileMaker Pro plays a significant role in IT. As I have stated above, our primary database is Oracle-based.Firms like mine have increasingly integrating FMP in our workflow because we can develop new custom applications in FMP much faster than we can develop them in Oracle. Want to talk about reliability? These Oracle-based integrated...
Dream on.
Your link gives no information one way or the other about the life expectancy of the Watch battery.
I was discussing the functionality of FileMaker Pro, not my specific applications. I apologize for confusing you.
Wow! Talk about uninformed gibberish. Nothing in the iFixit tear-down gave any indication of the lifetime of the Watch battery or its cost of replacement.
Live in the past if you want. I am talking about the present--and the future.Read with understanding. I did not say that my firm uses Filemaker Pro instead of its Oracle-based integrated database. I said that it uses Filemaker Pro with our firm's Oracle-based integrated database. This is a growing trend. You may stand back and insist that it can't be done. Firms like mine are doing it and moving forward.
Um-m-m-m, no. Your analysis does not scan. As a rule, cross-platform applications do not cost any more than single-platform applications. The fact that you compared FileMaker Pro to Final Cut Pro X means that you have no clue what FMP does. This is not a program that is designed to maintain your list of contact lists and recipes. Database Management Systems (DBMSes) have limited ability to query databases. However, this ability only dusts off their functionality. They are...
The price tag is not high. FileMaker Pro is an enterprise-level DBMS.
You don't need to know history; you just need to know how to Google.Along that vein, AppleWorks for the Mac had absolutely nothing to do with AppleWorks for the Apple ][. AppleWorks for the Apple ][ was a introduced in 1984 and became a stalwart of that platform. In 1988, Apple introduced a second lane of AppleWorks, AppleWorks GS for its Apple IIgs, a GUI-based version of the Apple ][. AppleWorks GS had its own version numbers and was introduced at AppleWorks GS 1.0....