or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

My bad. This forum does not have a an devoted to programming. However, other Mac fans site have such areas. The Software Programming and Web Scripting area of MacOS X.com comes to mind.
Let me say this using words that perhaps you can understand. HTML and abbreviation for HyperText Mark-up Language. This is the plain text format that is primarily used to create web pages such as the one that you are reading now. Whether used for web pages or help files, HTML documents are plain text. ePub files are enhanced HTML files. The ePub files generated by Pages are document bundles much like regular Pages documents. A bundle is a special folder structure that...
With the Development Tools including Xcode installed, the Mac is arguably the best programming environment on any platform. Unlike your current environment where the development environment costs an arm and a leg, Apple's development environments have a long tradition of being free. Prior to MacOS X, there were several expensive third-party development environments for the Mac, but Apple Macintosh Programmers Workbench (MPW) was absolutely free. The development...
As you know, ePub is a superset of HTML. Therefore, you should be able to upon the automatically-generated ePub files with a text editor such as the free TextWrangler. Edit the links within the file to change them from their default locations to the locations that you want.
  It is true that PC vendors don't have the profits that Apple makes. However, that is not the reason that they are at such a disadvantage to Apple. The reason is that Apple has a $95 billion cash horde that it uses strategically to buy whatever it needs to produce the products that it wants to make.   This gives Apple an insurmountable lead in product startup. Apple widens its insurmountable lead by by controlling its supply chain and distribution network to wring every...
I cannot disagree more. First off, iWork documents are not flat files. They are ZIPped bundles. UnZIPped, they are very much like MacOS X applications albeit without the embedded executables files that are at the heart of application bundles. This means that there are practical and technical reasons for not converting iWork to an Office clone. The other reason is that it is simply a bad idea on several levels.   What seems unacknowledged in this conversation is that...
Wow! A MacBook Pro will not burn your lap in any event. What makes you think otherwise? Furthermore, this sort of thing is handled automatically by the computer as part of the battery extending strategy.
http://www.att.net/ resolves to http://att.my.yahoo.com/. Because I have a Yahoo! account that is already logged in, I have no issue at all using Safari to access the site.
  No, the 3ivx codec was not automatically installed. You installed it some time ago. Not uninstalling user software is not the same as automatically installing it.
What part of "developmental" do you not understand?