or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

What part of "developmental" do you not understand?
The title of this thread is misleading and false. The facts as stated imply that Apple has [i]un[/i]officially dropped the 17" MacBook Pro. To officially drop the its top-of-the-line laptop, Apple would have to announce that it was doing so.
I think that Apple is messing with you. Liquidmetal.com is the Liquidmetal Technologies, Inc. website. It is devoted to information about its alloy. There is no hint that Liquidmetal Technologies has business interests unrelated to the alloy. We can rest assured that Apple will switch to Liquidmetal as the its case material for at least some of its products. Cases do not need network connectivity. Liquidmetal is a miracle material but is not perfect. In particular, its...
The Apple Store is back up. No new products. The change is that it is targeting those who want to purchase gifts for Father's Day. This may be a new direction for the Apple Store. I don't recall a past pitch quite like this.
My experience downloading Lion from the Mac App Store was completely unremarkable. It required no more than a few minutes and did not require a retry. 
  Absolutely!
  No, it is something that no one has reposted that diagram. It is a visual representation of the fact that viewing distance partially determines the criteria for retina display. Several of us have "mentioned" this fact, your being the latest.
  The fonts are TrueType vector objects which are inherently resolution-independent.
  I want what you are smoking. I have never before bought an Apple router, but my next router will be an Airport Extreme or whatever Apple offers to replace the Airport Extreme. My first router was a Siemens. All subsequent routers have been [Cisco] Linksys. My current router is a Cisco LInksys E3000. I don't buy junk. The E3000 set me back US$169.00, roughly the same price as an extant Airport Extreme. After I purchased the LInksys E3000, I learned that it was not...
Whining about Apple's markup clouds the issue. Whether from Apple or some other company, SSDs are substantially more expensive that HDDs of similar capacity.