or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

Canvas X requires Rosetta in order to run on Intel-based Macs. Rosetta is not available on OS X 10.7 and later.
It is not necessary to close anything. Just double-click the on the Dropbox icon in the mounted DMG file. Everything from this point proceeds automatically. The installed app is automatically shut down and moved to the Trash. The new version is then installed and started.On a new system, the process goes relatively quickly. The process may have completely so quickly that Inkling may not have noticed that it ever started. He should perhaps check the version of his currently...
  To give this nonsequitor any adhesion at all, you had to resort to imposing your own definition on the term general. General usually refers to things that have broad applicability. The term mainstream usually refers to how broadly something is accepted. I gather that you don't consider 4D to be mainstream because you had never heard of it. Whether you or anyone else ever heard of something is not the test. The current version of 4D is the 13th full release of 4th...
  Not true. Not even close to true. Just because FileMaker Pro is the most popular OS X DBMS does not make it the only OS X DBMS. Like FileMaker Pro, 4D is a cross-platform DBMS that has been around for decades. For years, Apple included OpenBase with every shipping Mac. As OpenBase SQL, it is also still around.
I totally agree. I saw Pirates of Silicon Valley. I liked Pirates of Silicon Valley. Noah Wyle did a good job playing Steve Jobs. Ashton Kutcher is Steve Jobs. IMHO, the entire cast is first-rate.   I went into the theater expecting to be underwhelmed. However, my dominant feeling while watching the movie was grief and the loss of the man and gratitude for the opportunity to see a little bit of the man on-screen. I understand that the film compressed events and took...
Firefox 3.6 is much too old to be called obsolete. It is positively antediluvian. It would probably be a miracle if any current extensions were compatible with it. If you want to run Firefox on your ox-drawn computer, then you need TenFourFox. I run TenFourFoxG5 for my Power Mac G5s. There are also versions for the G3 and G4. The latest release version of TenFourFox is TenFourFox 17.0.8. This is the PPC version of Firefox 17.0.8. TenFourFox 22.0 is in beta. There is no...
The last version of Filemaker was Filemaker 4, v4 introduced by Nashoba Systems in June 1988.  Claris's first database was Filemaker II, v1.0 introduced in August 1988. Claris's next full-release database was Filemaker Pro introduced in October 1990 more than two years later. All of these were flat file database systems. Claris's last flat file version of Filemaker Pro was Filemaker Pro 2.1 (not counting Filemaker Pro Server 2) introduced in August 1993. In December 1995,...
  Fairy tales can come true, It can happen you If you're young at heart....
  You don't have enough space behind your monitor?
  People should buy the solution that fits their own needs. This is true whether their needs are best satisfied by a 2013 Mac Pro, a 2003 Power Mac G4, a 1993 Macintosh Quadra, or a 1983 Apple Lisa. That said, your question has a glaring contradiction. The technology in a 2012 Mac Pro is yesterday's technology by definition. The technology in a 2013 Mac Pro is today's technology leaving yesterday's technology behind. This is not to say that you don't require yesterday's...