or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

The last version of Filemaker was Filemaker 4, v4 introduced by Nashoba Systems in June 1988.  Claris's first database was Filemaker II, v1.0 introduced in August 1988. Claris's next full-release database was Filemaker Pro introduced in October 1990 more than two years later. All of these were flat file database systems. Claris's last flat file version of Filemaker Pro was Filemaker Pro 2.1 (not counting Filemaker Pro Server 2) introduced in August 1993. In December 1995,...
  Fairy tales can come true, It can happen you If you're young at heart....
  You don't have enough space behind your monitor?
  People should buy the solution that fits their own needs. This is true whether their needs are best satisfied by a 2013 Mac Pro, a 2003 Power Mac G4, a 1993 Macintosh Quadra, or a 1983 Apple Lisa. That said, your question has a glaring contradiction. The technology in a 2012 Mac Pro is yesterday's technology by definition. The technology in a 2013 Mac Pro is today's technology leaving yesterday's technology behind. This is not to say that you don't require yesterday's...
This is terrific news. I completely agree that Canvas 3.5.6 had just about the best interface ever. Canvas 5 taught me the hard way that it was possible to take a terrific application--Canvas 3.5.x--and totally screw it up. For better or worse, however, even bad Canvas had no real competition--particularly given the fact that I had so many illustrations in the format. This is one of my two reasons for sticking with the application with each subsequent version up to...
  You because you said it doesn't mean it isn't true.
  One of the elements of this story that boggles my mind is that Steve did not have the juice to get the Apple Pro approved while his life slowly ebbed, but Apple approved the project after his death because it was "his dying wish." We know that Jobs told those he left behind to never consider "what would Steve do." So Apple rejected Jobs's advice in order to honor his memory?
  This question gets asked and answered too many times to count. iOS and OS X are the same beneath the skin. They have different UIs as are appropriate for the vastly different hardware supported by OS X and iOS. It seems that most people forget [or never knew] that before it was iOS, it was iPhone OS. Before it was iPhone OS, it was OS X--OS X 10.5, to be exact. The original iPhone ran OS X 10.5 months before MacOS X 10.5 was released.   The UIs for OS X and iOS will...
  I completely agree. In my considered opinion, Dropbox has begun to suffer from featuritis. At its base, Dropbox is a godsend. The ability to transparently share files among all of your devices as simply as saving a file on one device is absolutely huge. I had been using a USB jump drive for this purpose. However, it is more than a notion to use a jump drive with an iPhone.   It was with no small amount of horror that I watched Dropbox 2.1.x literally eat my files on two...