or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

This is terrific news. I completely agree that Canvas 3.5.6 had just about the best interface ever. Canvas 5 taught me the hard way that it was possible to take a terrific application--Canvas 3.5.x--and totally screw it up. For better or worse, however, even bad Canvas had no real competition--particularly given the fact that I had so many illustrations in the format. This is one of my two reasons for sticking with the application with each subsequent version up to...
  You because you said it doesn't mean it isn't true.
  One of the elements of this story that boggles my mind is that Steve did not have the juice to get the Apple Pro approved while his life slowly ebbed, but Apple approved the project after his death because it was "his dying wish." We know that Jobs told those he left behind to never consider "what would Steve do." So Apple rejected Jobs's advice in order to honor his memory?
  This question gets asked and answered too many times to count. iOS and OS X are the same beneath the skin. They have different UIs as are appropriate for the vastly different hardware supported by OS X and iOS. It seems that most people forget [or never knew] that before it was iOS, it was iPhone OS. Before it was iPhone OS, it was OS X--OS X 10.5, to be exact. The original iPhone ran OS X 10.5 months before MacOS X 10.5 was released.   The UIs for OS X and iOS will...
  I completely agree. In my considered opinion, Dropbox has begun to suffer from featuritis. At its base, Dropbox is a godsend. The ability to transparently share files among all of your devices as simply as saving a file on one device is absolutely huge. I had been using a USB jump drive for this purpose. However, it is more than a notion to use a jump drive with an iPhone.   It was with no small amount of horror that I watched Dropbox 2.1.x literally eat my files on two...
This is certainly not a general problem or this forum would be inundated with people complaining about it just like you. Which application are you using?
Apple has not added restrictions to your Save options. In Snow Leopard, File/Save... does exactly the same thing that the File/Save did in older versions of the OS.
Multiplan was developed originally for CP/M. It was easily portable to MS-DOS, the Macintosh, and other platforms because it was written in Microsoft's proprietary p-code. It was a competitor for VisiCalc. The only thing that Excel had in common with Multiplan was that they were both Microsoft applications.   Now, to my point... There have been other full-featured spreadsheets for the Macintosh. Unfortunately, Microsoft drove them out of business. If a developer were...
So what you are saying is that you want to install Office for Windows?