or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

If those things weren't so sad, then they would be funny.
Tallest Skil was absolutely correct. "If you want a laptop, then you should buy a laptop." You may be salivating for the Microsoft Surface with their flipping/folding covers that convert the tablet into a laptop or the new Windows 8 laptops with the rotating display panel that converts them into incredibly thick tablets. Check back in 6 months. They will make Windows Me look like a roaring success.
Most digital television sets, including all smart TVs, are dedicated all-in-one computers with integrated tuners. Several manufacturers, including Sony and Samsung, base their sets on embedded versions of Linux. [The GPL license is included in the owners documents.] Apple will not use Linux because its iOS is Unix behind the scenes. If Apple introduces its own HDTV, then you can expect it to be an enhanced AppleTV with integrated display. The extent to which it is...
  You monetize content management by selling Apple HDTVs used to manage content.
Panasonic is listed in a November 16, 2012 eWeek article as one of ten IT/Technology consumer electronics companies that just don't get today's customers. For years now, all it took was two eyes to see that Panasonic is so yesterday that it makes yesterday look like last year. As for plasma displays, they are heavy, power-hungry, and pressure sensitive. Plasma has its fans, but the days when it was a major player in the display market are long gone.   But, I digress. This...
I have no idea why you have issues with your iBook G4. I have a 500 MHz PowerBook G3 (Pismo) that is wonderful. The only thing that i can think of is that I have ample free capacity on the PowerBook's replacement HDD.   This gets back to your original question. I have a 3-year-old MacBook Pro running OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion, two PowerMac G5s [one 2004; the other, 2005] running MacOS X 10.4.11 (Tiger), and the PowerBook G3 (Pismo) also running 10.4.11. All give...
Three things: Flip4Mac is endorsed by Microsoft. Microsoft provides server space from which the codec can be downloaded. However, Flip4Mac is produced by Telestream, not Microsoft. As far as I know, Codec 3.6.2 is a part of DivX. You imply that you have installed DivX. Which version did you install? The Flip4Mac WMV Component is a codec that brings WMV-compatibility to QuickTime. I have Flip4Mac installed and recommend that you install it as well. However,...
  Where to begin? Despite having transitioned the Macintosh to new processors about 20 years ago and again in 2006, your position appears to be that it is not possible to do so again. Suffice it to say, I disagree. I will repeat a statement made above: Power Mac G3s ran MC68040 code faster in emulation than Macintosh Quadras ran it natively.   As for Intel code, the emulator does not have to emulate every aspect of the Intel processor. It need only emulate every aspect of...