or Connect

Posts by Mr. Me

The degree of limitation is determined by the percentage of the installed base that is supported, not by the size of the WIM file.
OMFG.If you want to downgrade to an older OS [that is newer than the one that shipped with your computer], then the least painful way is to do an Archive & Install.You can't install the OS on the System Restore disc from one computer onto another computer.You can't install an OS on a Mac that is older than the one that shipped with it.What on Earth possessed you to try to downgrade your OS?
I guess you missed the news that day, but this issue has been litigated and Microsoft ended up paying out $24 million to Linspire. Windows is a generic term for displaying information from multiple computer programs on a single computer screen. It was in use years before Microsoft attached its name to it. The bottomline is that Microsoft tried to enforce a bogus trademark on Windows and lost. I'm rooting for it to try to enforce a trademark on Microsoft Keyboard™.
So you are using Comcast's webmail client rather than using a standalone email program like Mail, Entourage, or Thunderbird? You obviously have your reasons, but I highly recommend that you reconsider. In the best of circumstances, webmail can be slow and clumsy. Mail, I love. Most other standalone email clients work nicely.As for the difference between the webmail in Safari and Internet Explorer, my guess is that Comcast uses an IE-specific applet for that browser.
Unless you give some actual information about your older program, there is no way to tell if it will run on your MacBook or not.
Supposedly, PEnGUIn Encoder MP4 is the only RMVB converter for the Mac.
You are absolutely correct. Since the introduction of the iPhone, Apple has referred to its OS as "OS X." Apple is branching-out into the production of a plethora of smart devices all controlled by this same basic OS. It makes sense to copyright OS X without the Mac. Without copyright protection, Apple runs the risk of losing the rights to the name. The situation with OS X and OS-9 are completely different. First off, Apple never sold an OS named OS-9. It developed and...
That's all good and fine. However, Installing the OS is a task that you you need to do only once every 18 months or so per computer. Even if the installation time were reduced to zero, the incremental increase in our productivity would be vanishingly small.
My bad. You are correct. iWork 09 is a paid option with new Macs or a paid retail purchase for older ones.
You do not need to purchase iWork 09. iWork 08 will continue to work just fine. However, you must purchase the new version if you want it. There is an exception for people who recently purchased new Macs. It is my understanding that they get a discount on iWork 09.